Parking lots are the sites of deadly accidents far too often. In fact, every year in the U.S., more than 500 people suffer fatal injuries in parking lot accidents. 1 In many cases:
- The victims are pedestrians: Tragically, those who are most vulnerable to deadly parking lot accidents include children, the disabled, and the elderly.
- Fatal accidents are caused by preventable negligence: This negligence can come at the hands of motorists, parking lot owners, and many others.
After a deadly parking lot crash, surviving loved ones can get the answers and justice they’re looking for by contacting the Amaro Law Firm. While we know that nothing can bring back a loved one who’s been taken by a fatal parking lot accident, we also know how the recoveries from these claims can be pivotal to:
- Holding negligent parties liable for the profound losses they have caused
- Gaining a sense of justice and closure
- Securing the resources to lay a loved one to rest and focus on healing.
In the Aftermath of a Deadly Parking Lot Accident,
You Can Turn to the Amaro Law Firm for Help, Answers & Justice
Call (713) 352-7975 or Email Us
for a Free, Confidential, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
How Do Deadly Parking Lot Accidents Happen?
Although vehicles move at relatively slow speeds in parking lots (when compared to the roads), it doesn’t take much to cause fatal injuries when a vehicle hits a pedestrian. These types of crashes tend to happen when:
- Parking lots are poorly designed: This can cause confusion among drivers and pedestrians, causing people to make unsafe and deadly assumptions about where to go and what to do.
- Poor lighting reduces visibility in parking lots: Without enough light, people can’t see signs or their surroundings. That can lead to deadly collisions.
- Parking lots aren’t maintained: Poorly maintained parking lots can present all types of life-threatening dangers. For example, pavement defects can cause trip and falls that put pedestrians right in the path of moving vehicles.
- Motorists disregard the rules or don’t pay attention: Drivers may ignore signage, fail to pay attention to their surroundings, or do other things that create deadly risks. For instance, motorists may cut across aisles, speed, or back out of spaces without looking, putting others around in them in serious danger.
When Are Fatal Parking Lot Accidents Most Likely to Happen?
Deadly parking lot accidents can happen whenever parking lots are unsafe or the people in them act carelessly or recklessly. Generally, however, fatal parking lot accidents are most likely to occur:2
- Midday: Noon to 4 p.m. is the risky time to be walking in parking lots.
- In parking aisles: Vehicles backing out parking spots or making left-hand turns down aisles are two the most common causes of parking lot accident injuries and deaths.
- During the holiday season: Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year, is also one of the riskiest when it comes to deadly parking lot accidents.
Who Is Liable for Deadly Parking Lot Accidents?
Various parties can play a role in causing fatal parking lot accidents, and sometimes, a single deadly wreck may be .caused by the negligence of many. In general, those who are commonly liable for fatal parking lot accidents may include (and aren’t limited to):
- Parking lot owners or property managers when their failures to keep parking lots safe, secure, and/or well-maintained play a role in causing deadly parking lot accidents
- Parking lot designers when they design poorly laid out and inherently unsafe parking lots that contribute to crashes
- Parking lot maintenance crew when their failures to properly maintain parking lots leads to deadly wrecks
- Motoristswhen their oversights or misbehaviors behind the wheel result in fatal parking lot accidents
The Path to Justice Starts with a Click or a Call: Contact the Amaro Law Firm
The Houston accident lawyers at the Amaro Law Firm are proud to be trusted advocates when it’s time to get justice for a loved one who’s been taken by another’s negligence. We offer free virtual and mobile consultations, and we’ll fight to get you the recovery and justice you deserve.
Call (713) 352-7975 or Email Us
for Your FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Consultation
At the Amaro Law Firm, we’re devoted to helping families hold negligent parties accountable. We know how to stand up to any opponent in any legal setting—and we’re proud to provide tireless advocacy to help our clients achieve the best possible resolutions.