Parking lot accidents can be as upsetting as they are damaging. If the perpetrator of a crash flees the scene, however, the aftermath can be far more difficult for victims.
Whenever a hit-and-run parking accident occurs, it’s important for victims to remember:
- They may still have options for seeking justice and compensation for their injuries, suffering, and losses.
- They are not alone—they can turn to the Amaro Law Firm for essential answers and experienced help when it’s time to recover.
Hurt in a Hit-and-Run Parking Lot Accident?
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email the Amaro Law Firm
for a Free, Confidential, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
Free virtual and mobile consultations are available. The Amaro Law Firm proudly represents pedestrians, families, and others in all types of parking lot accident cases.
What Are My Recovery Options After a Hit-and-Run Parking Lot Accident?
Following a hit-and-run in a parking lot, your recovery options will depend on whether the at-fault driver can be identified and located:
- If the driver is identified and found, victims can take action to hold that motorist liable. In these cases, the at-fault driver can be responsible for compensating the victims for their medical bills, lost wages, suffering, property damage, and more.
- If you are unable to ID and locate the at-fault motorist, you can still be entitled to financial recovery if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage as part of your auto insurance policy. With this coverage, you can file a claim with your own insurance company, seeking compensation for the damage and losses you’ve suffered as a result of the hit and run.
Here, it’s crucial to note that:
- If the at-fault driver is located and doesn’t have any (or sufficient) insurance, you can still file a claim with your insurance provider if you have UM/UIM coverage.
- Having UM/UIM coverage does not guarantee that you’ll get the compensation you deserve. In fact, insurers may use a variety of tactics to avoid making payouts. For this reason, it’s essential to partner with an experienced attorney at the Amaro Law Firm. We know how to stand up to insurers when they try to use tricky strategies to avoid paying our clients the recoveries they’re entitled to.
What Should I Do After a Hit-and-Run Parking Lot Accident?
After a hit-and-run parking lot accident, here are the most important steps to take to protect yourself, your rights, and a future claim:
- Call the police: Police can investigate the accident and take action to try to find the at-fault driver. They can also write up an official accident report, which can provide key evidence for a future claim.
- Take pictures: If you’re able to, snap photos of the accident scene and the damage. These pictures can depict important details, providing additional evidence when it’s time to pursue a claim.
- Seek medical attention: Get treatment for your injuries as soon as possible after the accident. While this is important to your health, it can also be pivotal to documenting the extent of the harm you’ve suffered in the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: When doing this, only report the facts of the accident that you’re 100% sure of. Never admit fault, and never agree to make an official (or recorded) statement if you aren’t ready to. Also, always remember that insurers are not your allies in the aftermath of an accident.
- Contact the Amaro Law Firm: We can explain your rights and legal options and guide you at every step moving forward. With our experienced attorneys in your corner, you can be confident that you have optimal chances of achieving the best possible resolution to your claim.
When It’s Time to Recover from a Hit-and-Run Parking Lot Accident, Contact the Amaro Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a hit-and-run parking lot crash, don’t hesitate to contact a trusted lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm. We’re ready to partner with you in the pursuit of recovery and justice.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Us for Your FREE Consultation
Free Virtual & Mobile Consultations Are Available If You Can’t Visit Our Offices
At the Amaro Law Firm, our attorneys are relentless advocates for the victims of hit-and-run parking lot accidents.
While we know that compensation can never erase the harm caused by these accidents, we also know that the recoveries from these claims can critical to helping victims heal and rebuild their lives.
The Amaro Law Firm’s record of excellence and success in motor vehicle accident cases has earned us a 5-star rating on Google and Facebook, glowing testimonials from former clients, and a 10 rating on Avvo.