Have You Been Diagnosed With Mesothelioma? Here’s What You MUST Know About Your Legal RightsSeptember 12, 2019
Following a mesothelioma diagnosis, it’s important to remember that you can have various options for recovery. While a doctor can help you with your physical recovery, an attorney can help you assert your legal rights to financial recovery.
Pursuing a legal claim and mesothelioma compensation can be essential to covering medical bills and supporting your family while you get treatment. Although compensation won’t reverse the condition, it can do a lot to promote your overall recovery.
An attorney at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to explain your legal rights if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma. Simply contact us for a free consultation and essential answers about your potential claim.
Have You or a Loved One Been Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
Need Answers About Your Potential Claim?
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email the Amaro Law Firm
for a Free, Confidential, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
We offer free virtual and mobile consultations to anyone unable to visit our offices, and we welcome your calls and emails whenever you’re ready for more answers.
Until then, we invite you to continue exploring the following to learn more about mesothelioma patients’ legal rights and options for justice.
Legal Rights to File a Mesothelioma Claim & Seek Justice
Determining whether a mesothelioma patient has the legal right to pursue a claim hinges on three main factors:
- Where and how the individual was exposed to asbestos: When asbestos exposure occurs on the job, patients may have a claim against their employer, especially if the employer never took steps to minimize the risk of asbestos exposure and/or the employer violated any regulations regarding asbestos and workplace safety. If, however, exposure occurred via handling an asbestos-containing product, patients may have claims against the product manufacturer.
- When a patient was diagnosed with mesothelioma: There are strict time limits (statutes of limitations) for filing mesothelioma claims, and these limits vary by state. In Texas as an example, patients will have two years from the date of their diagnosis to file a mesothelioma claim.
- How long ago someone passed away due to mesothelioma: When mesothelioma takes a loved one, surviving loved ones may still have the legal rights to pursue justice on behalf of their loved one. In these cases, families will usually have two years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death mesothelioma claim (though some exceptions may apply).
Legal Rights to Mesothelioma Compensation
When mesothelioma patients have the rights to pursue legal action against those responsible for exposing them to asbestos, they may also have the legal rights to compensation like:
- Recoveries from personal injury claims: This compensation can be available when asbestos exposure has occurred as a result of harmful products or toxic premises.
- Payouts from an asbestos trust fund: If a party liable for your mesothelioma has set up an asbestos trust fund (as part of a previous bankruptcy case), you may be entitled to a payout from the fund.
- Veterans’ benefits: These are usually reserved for veterans and active military members who were exposed to asbestos in the course of their military duties.
- Workers’ compensation benefits: Those who’ve endured on-the-job asbestos exposure can be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits may be available alone or along with other forms of mesothelioma compensation.
- Social Security disability benefits: Mesothelioma patients may be entitled to these benefits in conjunction with other forms of compensation.
The best way to know your legal rights—and get on the road to financial recovery—after a mesothelioma diagnosis is by contacting the Amaro Law Firm for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
Find Out More About Your Legal Rights: Contact a Mesothelioma Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
A mesothelioma lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to tell you more about your options for justice and financial recovery.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Us for Your FREE Consultation
Free Virtual & Mobile Consultations Are Available
If You Can’t Visit Our Offices
Tireless, compassionate, and strategic, our attorneys can provide you with the representation, guidance, and support necessary to successfully resolve your claim and maximize your recovery. We represent clients from across the U.S. in various types of mesothelioma claims.
While you and your family focus on medical treatments and healing, you can trust us to take care of your claim and work relentlessly to secure the financial recovery you may deserve.