When to Hire a Car Accident LawyerDecember 20, 2018
Generally, it’s recommended that car accident survivors consult a lawyer as soon as possible after a wreck. You’ll most likely have medical expenses that will have to be paid for and you’ll need to hire a car accident lawyer to help you determine:
- Who is at fault and liable for the wreck
- What your options may be for financial recovery
- How you should move forward in order to set your claim up for success.
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Car Accident?
Get Answers about Your Rights & Legal Options
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Our Firm
for a Free, Confidential, No Obligation Case Evaluation
During your FREE consultation, we will listen, answer your questions, and explain how to proceed. Free virtual and mobile consultations are available to those who cannot visit our offices.
Why You May Need To Hire a Car Accident Attorney
If you experience any of these issues or situations following a car accident, you may need to hire an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible:
- You have been wrongly been blamed for the accident – Accident investigations may miss or misinterpret key evidence and, sometimes, result in wrong findings about who’s at fault. If you’ve been blamed for an accident that you know you didn’t cause, a car accident attorney can be essential. That’s because an attorney may be able to conduct further investigations, uncover new essential evidence (when available), and more. That can be the key to establishing who’s really liable for the car accident while safeguarding your rights to financial recovery.
- You suspect that faulty auto equipment contributed to the car accident – An attorney can locate the necessary experts to help determine and prove whenever defective auto equipment has played a role in causing an accident. When it does, the representation of a car accident lawyer can be critical to standing up to equipment manufacturers and proving liability in these complex cases.
- A commercial driver may have played a role in causing the accident – When commercial motorists are a party to a wreck, their employer, like a motor carrier, can also share liability for that wreck. For example, if a trucking company hires an unqualified driver or someone with a record of reckless driving, that company can be liable for the accidents caused by that reckless driver. An attorney can dig into the details of the crash, analyzing evidence like trucker logs, electronic onboard records, and trucking company records, to determine when commercial enterprises may also be liable for accidents. Additionally, a lawyer can be the ally you need when it’s time to challenge these companies and hold them responsible for their negligence.
- Multiple parties may have contributed to the accident – If more than one party is at fault for a crash, an attorney can represent you on all fronts, helping you hold each party accountable while guiding you through the complexities of these cases. In effect, with a lawyer on your side in these types of car accident claims, you can be confident that your claim is positioned for the full amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
- The insurance company has low balled or denied your claim – Insurers can use tricky tactics to try to undercut and deny valid car accident claims. For example, they may try to pin some of the blame on you. They may even go as far as post-claim underwriting, meaning they would try to alter certain terms or coverage on a policy after a claim has been filed against it. An experienced auto accident attorney will know the tactics insurers commonly use to limit claim payouts – and (s)he will know how to challenge those tactics to help accident survivors get the financial recoveries and resolutions they deserve.
- You’ve been offered a settlement in your claim – Before you accept or turn down any settlement offer in a car accident case, make sure you consult a lawyer and find out if the offer is sufficient – or if you should counteroffer, continue negotiations, see your case through trial, etc. An attorney can point out all of the types of compensation you are entitled to, from lost wages and mental suffering to past and future doctors’ bills. As a result, a lawyer can help you figure out and protect the value of your claim while working diligently to help you with any possible financial recovery.
A Car Accident Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm Is Ready to Help You: Contact Us
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, you can turn to an experienced car accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm for exceptional representation in the pursuit of justice and financial recovery.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email our Firm for Your FREE Consultation.
We are ready to provide you with the advice and advocacy necessary to protect your rights and position your potential claim for any possible recovery.
The Amaro Law Firm’s 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook, as well as our Avvo Rating of 10 and glowing testimonials from former clients, affirm our longstanding record of outstanding advocacy and success in car accident cases.