About every 7.5 minutes, a pedestrian in the U.S. is hurt in a traffic crash.1 While traffic laws generally dictate that law-abiding pedestrians have the right-of-way, clearly, many drivers do not observe this rule. That often means that innocent pedestrians are hit, run over or otherwise harmed in traffic accidents.
The Houston car accident attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm are dedicated to helping the victims of pedestrian accidents seek compensation and justice.
We represent both pedestrian accident survivors and families who have lost a loved one to a deadly pedestrian accident.
Call (877) 892-2797, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Consultation
Testimonials & Our 5-star Ratings on Google and Facebook
Affirm Our Exceptional Representation & Glowing Record of Success
During your FREE consultation, we will explain your rights and legal options. Free virtual and mobile consultations are available if you cannot visit our offices.
We also invite you to download this Free eBook for helpful tips on how to protect your rights and a potential claim when you may be the victim of any type of auto accident, including a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian Accident Causes: Who Is Liable for Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrian accidents can have various causes, with some accidents arising from multiple factors. While an attorney at the Amaro Law Firm can review and identify the cause(s) of your pedestrian accident, generally, contributing factors can include (and are not necessarily restricted to):
- Driver negligence – Distracted, drunk and/or fatigued drivers tend have impaired perception and delayed reaction times, making it more likely they will hit pedestrians (because they won’t see, yield to or be aware of them). Drivers may also intentionally violate traffic laws and end up causing pedestrian accidents.
- Pedestrian negligence – In some cases, pedestrians themselves may be inattentive, impaired or noncompliant with traffic laws. It is important to be aware that pedestrians who may have been partly at fault for an accident CAN still be entitled to compensation for their injuries, losses and suffering. So long as a pedestrian is 50 percent or less at fault, (s)he may still be eligible for financial recovery (with recoveries reduced proportionally to the fault finding).1
- Other factors – Anything from poor road conditions (e.g., broken traffic signals) to vehicle equipment failures (preventing drivers from controlling the car) may also play a role in causing pedestrian accidents.
The insight of an experienced attorney at the Amaro Law Firm can be essential to:
- Determining all contributing factors to a pedestrian accident
- Pinpointing all liable parties
- Maximizing the financial recovery from your pedestrian accident claim.
A Look at the Latest Pedestrian Accident Statistics
While many pedestrian accidents are preventable, the latest statistics2 reveal that these accidents are happening all too often – with no signs of slowing down:
- Deadly pedestrian accidents have been on the rise across the U.S., increasing more than 9 percent since 2014.
- The national spike in fatal pedestrian accidents has been echoed in Texas, where these deaths have increased nearly 11 percent since 2014.
- More than 1 in every 5 children (younger than 14) killed in a deadly traffic accident were pedestrians.
- Alcohol impairment (on behalf of a driver and/or the pedestrian) is a factor in about 48 percent of all deadly pedestrian accidents.
- About 71 percent of deadly pedestrian accidents happen at non-intersections.
- About 26 percent of pedestrian accidents happen between 6 p.m. and 8:59 p.m. (as daylight fades to night and visibility is usually reduced)
How a Lawyer Can Help You Recover from a Pedestrian Accident
When it’s time to recover from a pedestrian accident and seek justice, it’s time to partner with a lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm. Tenacious, experienced and compassionate, our attorneys will work tirelessly advocate your rights, build you the strongest possible claim and position it for success.
While we always tailor our counsel and service to meet our clients’ unique circumstances, needs and objectives, we generally prepare and resolve pedestrian accident claims by doing things like (but not limited to):
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to uncover all liable parties
- Compiling the necessary evidence, documents, witnesses, etc. to strengthen the claim
- Effectively representing you when dealing and negotiating with insurers
- Making every effort to prove wrongful conduct and recover damages like medical bills, lost earnings, loss of consortium and pain and suffering.
While we understand that compensation cannot reverse the permanent losses caused by serious or fatal pedestrian accidents, we also know that these recoveries can provide the means for getting medical care and rebuilding lives.
Find Out More about Your Potential Claim & Legal Options: Contact a Houston Car Accident Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
A Houston car accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to advocate your rights to recovery and justice in the aftermath of a pedestrian accident.
Call (877) 892-2797, text (281) 612-8024 or email our firm for your FREE Consultation. We can answer your questions and explain how to proceed with your potential claim.
At Amaro Law Firm, we are proud to represent the victims of negligence and help them successfully navigate the claims and recovery process. With previous experience in insurance defense, we know how to combat insurers’ tactics for reducing, delaying or denying claims – and we are ready to take a case to trial when that serves the best interests of our clients and their claims.
Let us explain how our representation can make all of the difference in the success of your claim.
1: Due to Texas’ Modified Comparative Fault, 50 percent Bar Rule
2: From the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) and the NHTSA State Traffic Safety Info (STSI) Database