Category: News

Image description
  • May
    22 2017

    Why TBI Diagnoses Are Missed in Emergency Rooms 

    Each year, about 2.5 million Americans visit an emergency room (ER) due to a traumatic brain injury (TBI).1 Tragically, nearly 60 percent of these TBI survivors are misdiagnosed in ERs. These misdiagnoses can delay essential treatments, increasing the risks that: TBI symptoms will continue to progress. When treatments are ultimately administered, they will be less […]

  • May
    03 2017

    Traumatic Brain Injuries:  Is the Miserable Minority Actually the Majority?

    For the last several decades, there has been a conception that 85% of mild traumatic brain injury victims will be symptom free within 3 months of the injury.  The remaining 15% of individuals are referred to as the “miserable minority” for the reason that studies show that this percent of develops persistent post-concussion syndrome symptoms.  […]

  • April
    18 2017

    Texas Supreme Court Clarifies Extra-contractual Claims in Absence of Policy Breach in Lloyds Co. v. Menchaca Decision<

    The Texas Supreme Court (Court) has issued a decision in USAA Texas Lloyds Co. v. Gail Menchaca, Case No. 14-0721. On April 7, 2017, the Court ruled that the trial and appellate courts had erroneously upheld a jury’s award for extra-contractual damages despite findings that the insurer didn’t breach the insurance policy. As part of […]

  • April
    13 2017

    Fatal 18-Wheeler Truck Wreck in Polk County Kills One, Investigation Ongoing

    A deadly collision between an 18-wheeler and a car has recently taken the life of a 21-year-old woman from Woodlands. This wreck reportedly happened near Livingston at around 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday, April 11th. According to a preliminary crash report, the collision occurred when the victim’s Kia struck the rear tires of the truck’s trailer […]

  • March
    14 2017

    Brazoria County Oil Field Accident Kills Worker

    Equipment failure and a falling load are to blame for a fatal oil field accident that occurred just before 8 a.m. on Monday March 13th. According to reports, the accident took place at a site in Alvin that’s owned and operated by Denbury Resources, Inc. The site is located at the intersection of Highway 35 […]