Survivors of 18-Wheeler Accidents May Have Multiple Options for Justice & Financial Recovery
From State Highways 146 and 225 to Interstates 610, 45, and beyond, Pasadena, Texas has many busy roadways with plenty of traffic and wrecks. When those crashes involve semi-trucks, the aftermath can leave behind a lot of victims, damage, and complex questions. The survivors can rely on a Pasadena truck accident lawyer when it’s time for answers about their options for compensation and how to move forward.
Questions, like the ones below, are just some of those can a Pasadena truck accident lawyer can answer in a free case evaluation. The answers that follow also reveal how critical it can be for survivors to have the right Pasadena truck accident attorney on their side as they proceed with a claim.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Financial recoveries for truck accident claims are generally compensatory in nature. That means they compensate victims for their injuries and losses caused by the wreck. As such, the value of any truck accident claim depends on case-specific factors, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- The losses, suffering, and damages sustained by the individual filing the claim: Plaintiffs may be accident survivors, as well as those who have lost loved ones to fatal accidents. Additionally, the damages can cover past and future losses related to the 18-wheeler wreck injuries, like medical bills and lost income.
- The nature of the negligence that causes the accident: Cases that involve the worst acts of negligence may open up the possibility of punitive damages, which are awarded by the court to punish defendants. Though rare, punitive damages can come into play for some 18-wheeler accident cases. When they do, the issues and cases can be far more complex, making it even more essential to have the representation of a Pasadena truck accident attorney.
Calculating the value of any truck accident claim can require the careful analysis of medical bills, doctor’s reports, wage losses, expert testimony, and much more. You can get more specific information about the value of a potential claim during a free case evaluation.
What Is the Process for Resolving Truck Accident Claims in Pasadena, TX?
Most truck accident claims are resolved through some combination of:
- Additional investigations: Insurance companies and/or your Pasadena truck accident lawyer will likely conduct deeper investigations to examine the available evidence and try to uncover more key evidence, if possible.
- Dealings with insurance companies: Those involved in the wreck may need to provide statements, accident scene photos, and/or copies of the police report to the insurance company. Click here to request a copy of a police report for a Pasadena truck accident. In some cases, insurers may request follow-up interviews and/or visits to certain physicians.
- Settlement talks: After determining liability and evaluating the claim, insurance companies may offer settlements. If those offers are unfair or if an insurance company is denying compensation (because the victim has been wrongly blamed for the crash), it may be necessary to take a claim to court.
While the process of resolving a truck accident claim includes much more than the above, the specific steps vary according to the complexity and specifics of a case.
Still, there is one thing all cases have in common—they all start the second the crash happens. That means what victims do after a crash matters and that the sooner they contact a Pasadena truck accident lawyer for help, the better.
Do I Have to Pay a Pasadena Truck Accident Lawyer Upfront?
No. A reputable Pasadena truck accident attorney will typically work on contingency, meaning there is no payment for representation until or unless financial recovery is secured for the claim. That can help victims get the legal counsel they need when it matters most without having to worry about incurring more financial hardship as they focus on recovering from an 18-wheeler accident.
Your Recovery May Depend on What You Do Next. A 5-Star Pasadena Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an 18-wheeler wreck, a Pasadena truck accident lawyer can explain your rights while advocating for you in the pursuit of justice.
Call (713) 352-7975 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.