I Was Diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Am I Entitled to Compensation?December 17, 2019
Many mesothelioma patients are entitled to financial recovery. The best way to find out if you have the right to mesothelioma compensation is to talk to an experienced lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm.
In the meantime, here are some helpful answers about eligibility, amounts, and waits for mesothelioma compensation.
Get Answers About a Potential Mesothelioma Claim
Call (713) 352-7975 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Case Evaluation
The Amaro Law Firm offers FREE mobile and virtual consultations, and we represent people from across the U.S. in various types of mesothelioma cases.
Who Is Eligible for Mesothelioma Compensation?
Generally, those who may be eligible for mesothelioma compensation can include:
- Mesothelioma patients: When asbestos exposure has occurred without patients’ knowledge and/or as a result of others’ negligence, those with mesothelioma can be entitled to compensation. For example, the negligence of an employer can contribute to mesothelioma when the employer failed to provide protective gear and asbestos safety training to workers who were unknowingly exposed to this toxic mineral.
- Families: After a mesothelioma death, spouses, children, and grandparents may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim and seek financial recovery for their suffering, funeral and burial costs for their loved one, and other losses.
How Much Compensation Is Available for Mesothelioma Claims?
Mesothelioma compensation amounts depend on several factors. Some include:
- The age at which someone is diagnosed with mesothelioma
- The cost of mesothelioma treatments, past and those needed in the future
- The amount of earnings lost due to the diagnosis
- The number of dependents a mesothelioma patient has
- Whether a claim is settled or resolved in court, with court usually presenting a riskier option that can result in higher awards from juries.
What Does Mesothelioma Compensation Cover?
The losses an individual or family has suffered due to the mesothelioma are supposed to be covered by the compensation from these claims. As such, compensation may include awards to cover:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- And more.
How Long Do I Have to Wait for Mesothelioma Compensation?
Generally, the duration of a mesothelioma claim will depend on various factors, like (but not limited to):
- The complexity of the case
- The stage of the condition (with the possibility of fast-tracking cases for those with later-stage mesothelioma)
- Whether someone wants to settle or see their day in court
Regardless of any of the above factors, however, one thing’s for sure—the sooner you file a mesothelioma claim, the sooner you’ll be on track for compensation.
How Do I Get Mesothelioma Compensation?
Contact the Amaro Law Firm to discuss your situation and your best legal options. We can help you with any type of mesothelioma claim, from those involving workplace asbestos exposure to those for wrongful death.
We understand that mesothelioma compensation won’t erase the harm caused by this condition. And we know how recoveries can help people pick up the pieces and start rebuilding their lives.
Call (713) 352-7975or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Consultation
A call or a click can be the first step on the road to recovery and justice.
At the Amaro Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional advocacy and compassionate service. We’re ready to craft you a strong claim and help you navigate the path to recovery and justice.