Houston regularly tops “best city” lists when it comes to medical care for personal injuries, cancers, congenital conditions, infectious diseases, and more. In fact, from the availability and quality of patient care to new innovations in medical treatment and technologies, Houston is a recognized leader among the nation’s most prominent medical communities.
That’s good news for anyone who needs medical care in the Greater Houston area, as it puts some of the top medical practices, physicians, and treatments at their fingertips.
For those who are injured in traffic accidents, work accidents, industrial accidents, and other traumatic events, here is a closer look at how doctors, chiropractors, and pain clinics specifically may play into your treatment plan — and how they may also contribute to a personal injury case, should you file one in the future.
Physicians across various specialties are often on the front lines of treating accident victims, especially those who suffer catastrophic injuries. Often:
- Houston doctors first meet accident victims at hospitals: The most severe cases start in emergency rooms, like the ERs at Memorial Hermann Greater Heights, Houston Methodist Hospital, and other local Houston hospitals. Along with ER doctors in Houston, locals may also receive care and services from anesthesiologists, radiologists, and others.
- Houston doctors continue treating patients at or outside of hospitals: Surgeons, neurologists, orthopedists, and other Houston doctors may keep providing medical care to patients well after the ER visit, overseeing diagnoses, devising long-term treatment plans, and possibly recommending other specialists, like physical therapists, occupational therapists, or chiropractors.
With Houston doctors — and medical care provided by chiropractors, pain clinics, and others — it’s important for accident victims to know that:
- They may be eligible for compensation for their medical bills.
- They should not delay or put off seeking a physician in Houston, Texas, after an injury-causing event, like a car crash, a boating accident, an aviation accident, or a work accident.
- After an injury-causing event, medical records and diagnoses from Houston doctors can be key evidence for future personal injury claims.
Generally, Houston chiropractors tend to be phased into medical treatment plans in the early stages but after any emergency care, like life-saving surgeries needed to stabilize someone’s health. Although this type of care is not designed for every patient or all injuries, chiropractors in Houston, TX, can often address neuromusculoskeletal issues with treatments like (but not limited to):
- Spinal manipulations
- Hot and cold applications
- Relaxation and stimulation
- Nutritional counseling and weight loss
Consequently, Houston chiropractors may be beneficial for folks suffering from chronic pain, mobility issues, range of motion limitations, and other conditions.
Houston Pain Clinics
Pain clinics in Houston, TX, can be pivotal to improving quality of life by helping the injured reduce and manage their chronic and long-term pain. To that end, Houston pain clinics typically staff physicians, therapists, and other specialists, all of whom work together to create individualized plans geared towards changing pain-causing behaviors and helping patients manage pain without addictive medications.
While Houston pain clinics can provide traditional treatments, some may also offer alternative care, like (but not limited to):
- Acupuncture and massage
- Various therapies
Support Beyond the Medical Community
Houston doctors, chiropractors, and pain clinics can do a lot to help accident victims recover from traumatic, painful injuries, particularly if the injured start receiving medical treatment ASAP after getting hurt. Along with physicians, personal injury lawyers in Houston can also provide key support in the recovery process, helping accident victims protect their rights, file claims, and seek the financial recoveries they may deserve.
Learn more about Houston Court Houses here.