Should I Call the Police after a Parking Lot Accident?October 15, 2019
Yes, it’s always a good idea to call police after a parking lot accident. Here are the top 5 reasons why.
5 Essential Reasons to Call Police after a Parking Lot Accident
When a parking lot crash happens, police can play a crucial role in:
- Helping the injured: When parking lots cause severe or life-threatening injuries, police can help victims before emergency medical technicians (EMTs) arrive, getting them to a safe location out of the way of traffic. Police can also assist EMTs when they arrive by, for instance, clearing traffic to make way for an ambulance and helping to lift victims into an ambulance.
- Investigating the accident: When police are the scene right after the parking lot accident happens, they can talk to and question all involved parties. They can also check out the scene and damage first hand. The details and findings of these investigations will be documented in an official police report, which can hold critical evidence for a future accident claim.
Hurt in a Parking Lot Accident?
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email the Amaro Law Firm
for a Free, Confidential, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
- Documenting witness information: If there were any witnesses to the parking lot accident, police can record their names, contact information, and what they reported seeing. This is important because witnesses can usually share far more details about what they saw immediately after the crash, instead of days or weeks later when memories may fade.
- Recording key details: Police can observe and document everything from the time, date, and precise location of the accident to the nature of the parking lot and weather conditions when the accident occurred. Having this information, which victims and witnesses may forget over time, can also be important to a future claim.
- Making fault determinations: With all of the details and potential evidence police gather and document, they can ultimately play an invaluable role in figuring out how an accident happen and who’s to blame for it. This is especially important when victims may have been blindsided by the accident or when there are conflicting statements about what occurred (from the involved parties and/or witnesses).
While calling police can help you in the immediate aftermath of a parking lot accident, contacting the Amaro Law Firm can help you in the days, weeks, and months that follow. That’s because an experienced Houston parking lot accident attorney can:
- Explain your best options for seeking the recovery you may deserve
- Advocate your rights and stand up to any opponent on your behalf
- Set your claim up for a successful outcome.
The Amaro Law Firm Can Help You Recover from a Parking Lot Accident: Contact Us
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a parking lot accident, you may have various options for holding the at-fault parties accountable and seeking compensation for your injuries and losses. The top-rated Houston parking lot accident lawyers at the Amaro Law Firm are ready to explain your legal options for seeking justice and financial recovery.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Us for Your FREE Consultation
Free Virtual & Mobile Consultations Are Available
If You Can’t Visit Our Offices
At the Amaro Law Firm, our attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims navigate the claim and recovery process so they can focus on healing. We understand that money can’t reverse the past and undo the damage caused by parking lot accidents—and we also know how the recoveries from these cases can be pivotal to restoring lives.
That’s why we’re committed to being relentless advocates for accident victims so they can get recoveries and rebuild their lives.
The Amaro Law Firm’s record of excellence and success in motor vehicle accident cases has earned us a 5-star rating on Google and Facebook, glowing testimonials from former clients, and a 10 rating on Avvo.