Why & How a Truck Accident Lawyer Is Different from Car Wreck AttorneyNovember 7, 2017
In the aftermath of a serious traffic collision, the representation of an attorney can be crucial when it is time to seek financial recovery and justice. However, not any lawyer can successfully represent the victim of any traffic wreck. Different types of accidents – like a truck wreck versus a passenger vehicle crash – can involve different rules and unique elements.
This is particularly true in truck accident cases, which can invoke federal trucking regulations, special evidence and other factors.
In these cases, the insight, representation and guidance of an experienced truck wreck attorney – like the truck accident lawyers at the Amaro Law Firm – can be pivotal to the strength and success of victims’ claims.
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Truck Wreck?
Call (877) 892-2797, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Consultation
During your FREE consultation, we will review your potential claim, explain your legal options and advise you on how to proceed. If you can’t visit our offices, we offer free virtual and mobile consultations.
4 Crucial Benefits to Working with an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer for a Truck Wreck Claim
When moving forward with a truck crash claim, it’s in your best interests to work with an experienced truck accident attorney (rather than a car crash lawyer) because a truck wreck lawyer will have extensive knowledge about:
- The various federal regulations that impact commercial drivers, commercial trucks and motor carriers – Enforced by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), federal trucking regulations1 set strict requirements and standards for various aspects of commercial trucking operations.
Just some of these matters include:
- Required training and drug testing for truckers
- Time limits for driving commercial trucks (in a given day and week)
- Truck weight limits
- Cargo securement requirements
- Requirements for inspecting and maintaining trucks
- Recordkeeping requirements.
A truck wreck lawyer will have a deep understanding of these (and other) regulations, giving them the insight necessary to determine when violations have contributed to wrecks.
- The types of evidence to look for and collect in order to prove liability – Given the specific requirements and regulations affecting commercial trucks and trucking operations, cases involving commercial truck wrecks can require unique evidence (that would not come into play in a claim associated with a passenger vehicle wreck). Some examples of this evidence include:
- Truckers’ credentials, training records and driving records
- Truckers’ driving logs
- Records from electronic onboard recording devices (EOBRs)
- Truck maintenance records
- Trucking company records.
A seasoned truck wreck attorney will be fully aware of the evidence necessary for these claims and will be skilled at collecting and presenting it to prove liability.
- The various parties that can be liable for a truck wreck – Various parties can be liable for a trucking accident. In some cases, multiple parties can be liable for a single truck crash. These parties can include (and are not necessarily limited to):
- Commercial truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Truck equipment manufacturers
- Trucking brokers and shippers.
A lawyer skilled at representing truck wreck victims will know how to investigate these accidents to determine all liable parties. That, in turn, can be the key to holding all negligent parties liable and maximizing victims’ financial recoveries.
- The types of expert witnesses who can support a truck wreck claim – Given the unique aspects of truck accident claims (when compared to other traffic crash cases), there are certain types of expert witnesses who can be integral to strengthening victims’ claims, depending on the details of the case. These can include (but may not be limited to):
- Accident reconstructionists
- Commercial truck mechanics and engineers
- Former federal regulators.
An experienced truck wreck attorney will understand the experts who can provide the best testimony, insight and evidence for a given claim, helping to prove victims’ allegations and position a claim for the best possible outcome.
Set Your Truck Wreck Claim Up for Success: Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
A truck accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm can provide you with exceptional advocacy and representation when it is time to recover from a wreck.
Call (877) 892-2797, text (281) 612-8024 or email our firm for your FREE, no obligations consultation. With extensive experience representing truck accident victims from across the U.S. in various types of claims, we are ready to put our experience, acumen and resources to work positioning your claim for the maximum available recovery.
The Amaro Law Firm’s history of unparalleled representation and success in trucking accident claims has earned us glowing testimonials from former clients, as well as 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook.
1: FMCSA information regarding federal trucking regulations