When Do I Need to Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?January 3, 2019
Whenever you are serious about protecting the strength, value, and success of your car accident claim, you need to retain an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Here’s why…
Why You Need To Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
When it’s time to recover from a car accident and hold the at-fault parties accountable, you’ll need to hire an attorney for your car accident for these crucial reasons: an attorney can identify all of the liable parties, a lawyer can pick out the evidence necessary to support your claim, an attorney can represent you in dealing with your insurance, and an attorney can fight for you in court.
5 Crucial Reasons Why to Hire a Car Accident Attorney
- An attorney can identify all of the liable parties – After carefully reviewing evidence like the police accident report, crash scene pictures, and witness accounts, a lawyer can figure out each and every party who is responsible for causing the crash. This can be critical when parties other than motorists – like motor carriers or automotive equipment manufacturers – share liability. By uncovering all liable parties, a lawyer can be pivotal to helping you safeguard the value of your claim and setting it up for any possible compensation available.
- A lawyer can assemble the evidence necessary to support and strengthen your claim – First, an attorney can carry out additional investigations, by doing things like going back to the crash site to look for and collect more evidence, interviewing witnesses, and more. If the attorney is involved earlier on (i.e., right after the crash, as opposed to months or a year down the line), there tends to be a greater likelihood of finding more evidence (like tire tread marks and clearer witness memories). Second, a lawyer can compile all of the available evidence, locate any necessary experts, and present all of the necessary evidence at all of the right points moving forward.
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Car Accident?
Download this Free eBook for Helpful Tips on
How to Protect a Car Accident Claim
- An attorney can represent you in all dealings with insurance companies – What you say to insurers during the claim process can impact the success of – and final payout for – your claim. Additionally, insurers may do tricky things like conduct surveillance on you (to try to “catch” you doing something against doctor’s orders and gain leverage to argue that you aren’t as badly injured as you have claimed to be). Given how important interactions with the insurance companies are when you’re pursuing a car accident claim, having an attorney as an experienced ally on your side can be important in getting through the claims process as efficiently and successfully as possible.
- An attorney can determine when it’s best to accept, negotiate, or reject a settlement offer – In fact, a lawyer can analyze an offer and figure out whether it sufficiently compensates you for losses like past and future medical bills, lost earnings, damaged property, and mental suffering. This can be especially important when car accidents have resulted in catastrophic injuries that will prevent you from working and that will require expensive medical care for the short- or long term. With an attorney’s insights, you can be assured that you’re informed and that you’re making the best choices whenever a settlement is on the table.
- A lawyer can fight for you in court – Although the vast majority of car accident cases settle out of court, some do go to trial. For example, it can be in survivors’ best interests to see their claim to trial if the at-fault parties refuse liability or the insurer has failed to offer a reasonable and fair settlement. If your case is on the path to trial, an attorney can be your key partner in defending your rights and effectively presenting your case in court.
Find Out More about a Potential Claim: Contact a Houston Car Accident Attorney at the Amaro Law Firm
A Houston car accident attorney at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to discuss your potential claim, explain your options, and help you successfully navigate the road to recovery.
Call (877) 892-2797 or email our firm for a free consultation.
Get essential answers about your rights and legal options during a free, no obligation, confidential consultation. Free mobile and virtual consultations are available to those who cannot visit our offices.
While money may never undo the damage caused by serious car accidents, the compensation from these cases can be the key to restoring lives.