When & How to Find 5-Star Truck Wreck AttorneysNovember 8, 2023
Recovering from a serious truck accident can be a little less difficult with the help, counsel, and support of an experienced truck accident lawyer. That’s because a skilled 18-wheeler accident attorney can take the lead with a case, representing you in the toughest settings to help you make more informed choices and secure the best possible outcome.
Finding the right attorney for your claim, however, may be a challenge. With so many 5-star truck wreck attorneys in Texas and across the U.S., how do you know who’s really best for you and your case?
Here’s how, along with answers regarding:
- Where to Look for a 5-Star Truck Wreck Attorney
- How to Read Truck Accident Lawyer Reviews More Critically (& What to Look Out For)
- How Soon to Start Searching for a Truck Accident Lawyer After a Big Rig Wreck
- What to Bring When You Meet with a Top 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney for the First Time
- How to Speak to a 5-Star Truck Accident Attorney ASAP
Taking a little time to find the best 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you set a claim up for optimal success in the big picture.
Where to Look for a 5-Star Truck Wreck Attorney
Google “best 18-wheeler accident lawyer” or “top truck accident attorney near me,” and you’ll be flooded with results. That doesn’t necessarily connect you with the best option in your area or for your case (it only shows you who has done SEO correctly or paid for certain search campaigns).
So, instead of letting search engines choose your next truck accident lawyer, here’s where to efficiently and effectively look for the most qualified attorneys for a case:
- The State Bar Association: Search tools, like this one from the Texas State Bar, can help you get a list of attorneys who are in good standing with the state bar and who specialize in certain types of cases, like truck wreck claims.
- Legal directories: Featuring pictures, reviews, article links, and more, legal directories can also help you zero in on more experienced big rig accident lawyers.
- Reviews or review websites: Facebook, Yelp, and other third-party review sites can share valuable insight into how an attorney treats their clients. Similarly, you can look at reviews on Google Business profiles, LinkedIn pages, and other websites to get a better sense of what former clients have experienced with a law firm — and what you may be able to expect too.
- Legal awards sites: SuperLawyers, Best Lawyers, and Avvo are a few heavy hitters in the legal industry, granting annual awards based on rigorous screening processes. These industry experts have done the legwork for you, evaluating peer reviews, client reviews, credentials, and more to select some of the top attorneys across several areas, including the best 18-wheeler accident lawyers.
- Law firm websites: Once you have a list of options from the above searches, start checking out law firm sites and attorney bio pages. This can give you better eyes on different lawyers’ specialties, their success rates, and whether they have experience with cases like yours.
How to Read Truck Accident Lawyer Reviews More Critically (& What to Look Out For)
Great reviews for an 18-wheeler attorney can give you a lot of info. To weigh it out all quickly and figure out what’s the most useful (versus what to take with a grain of salt), keep these tips and insights in mind as you check out any truck accident attorney’s reviews:
- Check out how many total reviews a lawyer or law firm has.
- Read the most recent reviews first, looking at least 5 to 10 if you can.
- Don’t ignore the responses from an attorney or law firm. Those responses can provide context and a window into a lawyer’s personality, professionalism, and responsiveness.
- Look for any formal grievances that have been filed against an attorney. You can search for disciplinary action against truck accident lawyers in Texas here.
- Go to at least two sources for reviews. Make sure at least one of those sources is not a website controlled by the lawyers or law firm. Third-party sites can have a wider scope of reviews from independently verified sources.
How Soon to Start Searching for a Truck Accident Lawyer After a Big Rig Wreck
Start looking for a lawyer as soon as you can after an 18-wheeler accident. If you do, you can get an attorney’s help investigating the truck wreck ASAP. That could be vital when it comes to:
- Collecting as much evidence as possible: Crash debris, witnesses, and other possible evidence may not be available over time. With an attorney in your corner early on, you could have a lawyer and their team of private investigators working to track down every last piece of evidence while the most potential evidence is still around.
- Preventing other parties from destroying potential evidence of liability: If a trucking accident involved a fatigued driver, dash cam evidence could show head bobbing or a trucker falling asleep behind the wheel. Motor carriers may be inclined to delete that type of footage before victims are even aware it exists. An attorney can step in to stop that, however, by sending spoliation letters in the early days of an investigation.
- Dealing with insurance companies: Insurers will typically want you to answer questions, give a statement, and maybe even do some follow-up interviews in the wake of big rig wrecks. If you’re represented by a truck accident lawyer, you can rely on your attorney to head up all of these interactions for you, advising you on what to say and what to avoid saying to protect your rights at every juncture.
Remember, if you haven’t settled a claim — and even if others are saying you’re at fault for an accident — it’s not too late to talk to a truck accident lawyer.
What to Bring When You Meet with a Top 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney for the First Time
You don’t have to bring anything to your first meeting with a truck accident lawyer. Simply connecting with an attorney and telling them more about your situation can be enough to start getting some answers about your legal options.
If you have the chance to get some items together to bring to your first meeting with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer, however, these things can help:
- A copy of the police report
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Eyewitness names and contact information
- Medical bills, reports, and treatment guidance
- Insurance company correspondence
- Letters or notifications from an employer
- Debris from the crash site
Remember, a good lawyer can also help you track down and preserve key evidence for a case. That could be invaluable when you’re injured and you still want to seek the maximum available compensation for a truck wreck claim.
How to Speak to a 5-Star Truck Accident Attorney ASAP
Call, email, or start a chat now to speak with an experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyer and get more information about your rights and legal options. Nothing can reverse the permanent losses and catastrophic injuries that serious truck wrecks can cause. However, talking to a truck accident lawyer and initiating a case can help victims get on the road to justice, so they can start rebuilding their lives.