What Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Do: 7 Ways a Lawyer Can Help YouAugust 2, 2020
A truck wreck attorney can be an invaluable ally, advocate, and asset when it’s time to recover from an accident. That’s because an experienced lawyer can help you:
- Identify the liable parties
- Conduct additional investigations
- File the necessary paperwork to initiate the case
- Compile all necessary evidence
- Deal with insurance companies on your behalf
- Present the evidence and arguments in court whenever necessary
- Guide you at every step of a truck accident case
A Closer Look at the 7 Essential Ways a Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
With a truck accident lawyer on your side, you can:
- Focus on getting medical treatment as part of your physical and psychological recovery
- Be confident that your legal rights are protected as you pursue financial recovery
An Attorney Will Identify the Liable Parties
Carefully examining the evidence, a truck accident lawyer can determine all of the parties liable for a wreck, including:
- Parties at the scene when the crash occurred: Generally, this can include other motorists, pedestrians, roadway workers, bicyclists, and/or others.
- Parties not at the accident scene: This can include motor carriers, vehicle equipment makers, cities or counties, and/or various other parties.
Knowing all parties liable for a wreck can help you hold them all accountable while maximizing your recovery.
A Truck Wreck Lawyer Will Conduct Additional Investigations
This is crucial to both identifying all liable parties and uncovering all essential evidence for your case. As part of this effort, an experienced lawyer may hire other professionals, like expert witnesses and/or private investigators.
An Attorney Will File the Necessary Paperwork to Initiate the Case
This can save you a lot of headaches while ensuring the paperwork is:
- Filled out properly
- Filed to the proper parties on time, with the required supporting documents.
A lawyer can also complete and file any other paperwork needed as your case progresses.
Compiles All Necessary Evidence
A lawyer will have the skills and insights to know:
- Which evidence is essential
- Where to find the necessary evidence
- How to preserve and present the evidence to make the case as strong as possible
- And protect your interests.
Deals with Insurance Companies on Your Behalf
Insurers may be difficult to deal with when it comes to resolving your truck accident claim and getting the full compensation you may deserve.
An experienced lawyer will know how to push back and overcome the challenges insurers may raise. That can be crucial to the success of a claim and the ultimate recovery secured.
Presents the Evidence and Arguments in Court Whenever Necessary
If insurance companies deny or undervalue a valid truck accident case, an attorney will be ready to represent you in court, presenting the evidence to support your case. An advocate who knows how the system works and how to present cases in the best possible light can be invaluable at this phase of a claim.
Guides You at Every Step of a Truck Accident Case
From initial consultation through dealings with insurers and beyond, a truck accident lawyer can help you steer clear of mistakes, understand your options, and assist you in successfully navigating each step of the process. That support can provide priceless peace of mind while helping to maximize the recovery from a case.
Hurt in a Truck Wreck? Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
Call (713) 955-5521 or Email Us
for a Free, Confidential, No Obligation Case Evaluation
At the Amaro Law, we are known for providing the highest quality representation, and we always strive to get our clients the highest recoveries possible. While we understand that compensation cannot reverse the permanent damages from serious wrecks, we also know that the recoveries from truck accident cases can help restore lives.