(713) 352-7975

Back To Blog

Two Injured in State Highway 7 Solo Crash

On Tuesday, April 13th, a single-vehicle crash occurred on State Highway 7. The incident happened at about 7:00 p.m. Texas Department of Public Safety, West Shelby County Fire Department, and Shelby County Sheriff Department were involved in the rescue and investigation at the crash scene.

A blue 2002 Jeep Liberty was found to have been speeding while heading east on State Highway 7 when the driver seemed to have lost control of the vehicle. It ended up overturning before finally colliding with a tree at a private residence nearby. 

The driver of the vehicle was identified as a 36-year-old woman who was accompanied by a 33-year-old man passenger. Both individuals were left injured from the crash, though the passenger seemed to be conscious when the emergency personnel arrived at the scene to transport both victims to the nearest hospital.

What Can You Do If You Were Injured in a Single-Vehicle Crash?

If you were injured in a single-vehicle crash, no matter what you do next, the first thing you must immediately do is go to the hospital. It is important that you get a doctor to check out your medical condition following a car crash so that any injuries can be accounted for and their records used for any insurance claims that may be possible for you to file. 

Generally, if you have a comprehensive insurance policy, any injuries you sustain from single-vehicle crashes should be covered by your auto insurance. However, if you’re having issues with your insurance provider, you can contact us for assistance on ensuring that you get what should be your right. Call us today at (713) 352-7975 to get a free consultation, available 24/7.

Source: SCT Texas