Truck Wreck? What You Need to Do NowSeptember 3, 2019
After a truck accident, taking these three steps as soon as possible is essential. These actions can help you protect yourself. They can also protect your legal rights and potentially your claim for financial recovery.
Step 1: Get Medical Attention ASAP
Always get emergency medical care if you’re seriously injured. In fact, even if your injuries don’t seem serious at first, it’s still crucial to get medical attention as soon as possible. Some reasons include:
- You may not immediately recognize some serious injuries you have: For one, shock and adrenaline from the accident can mask severe injuries, misleading you into thinking you’re not that badly injured. Additionally, some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, may take time to present symptoms. By the time those symptoms are recognized, the injury may have gotten worse.
- Getting treatment ASAP can lead to better prognoses and recoveries: The sooner medical professionals can diagnose the injuries, the sooner you can start receiving the proper treatments. While that can prevent further complications, it can also lead to better outcomes.
- A future claim can be impacted by gaps in treatment: Putting off medical attention or not following through with the prescribed treatments can leave room for liable parties (and insurance companies) to argue that you weren’t that badly injured. In these cases, they may also argue that you contributed to your own injuries by delaying or denying treatment.
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Truck Wreck?
Call (877) 892-2797 or Contact the Amaro Law Firm
for a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
We offer free virtual and mobile consultations, and we proudly represent motorists, truckers, loading dock workers, families, and others in all types of truck wreck cases.
Step 2: Report the Truck Accident to Your Insurance Company
Your insurance policy may have strict requirements about how soon you have to report any crash to them after it occurs. In some cases, this can be as little as 48 to 72 hours after the crash. If your policy does have a requirement like this and you miss it, you could have more trouble pursue a claim later.
When reporting a truck wreck to an insurer, here are some essential tips to keep in mind:
- Only report the facts of the accident that you are 100 percent sure about: Never guess, and remember, it’s OK to say something to the effect of “I can’t answer that right now.”
- Do not agree to give an official statement if you aren’t prepared to: These statements are recorded, and anything you say in an official statement – or anytime you’re speaking with an insurer – can be used against you later to try to reduce or deny your claim.
Step 3: Contact the Amaro Law Firm
This is the single best step you can take when you’re serious about protecting your rights and a possible claim. That’s because, when you partner with the Amaro Law Firm, you can be confident that you have an experienced truck wreck lawyer in your corner, aggressively and tirelessly advocating for you.
Here are some of the things that we’ll immediately do when you retain us:
- Explain your rights and what you can do to protect them moving forward
- Handle any interactions with the insurance company on your behalf
- Send a spoliation letter to all involved parties to preserve as much evidence as possible for your claim
- Re-interview any witnesses and document their accounts.
With the Amaro Law Firm on your side:
- Your legal claim will be in expert hands.
- You’ll get some peace of mind that your legal rights are protected.
- You can focus on your physical and emotional recovery while we focus on your financial recovery.
Set Your Truck Wreck Claim Up for Success: Contact the Amaro Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of 18-wheeler accident, a truck wreck lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to start helping you now.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Consultation
Experienced, strategic, and tireless, our attorneys will vigorously protect your rights and fight to help you bring your truck accident case to the best possible resolution. We’re ready to provide you with the advice and information you need to set your potential claim up for success.