(713) 352-7975

Back To Blog

Solo Vehicle Crash Sliced Car in Two and Killed Passenger

A crash was reported in Midland, Texas, on Sunday, August 22nd, 2021. The crash transpired at about early morning, at an unspecified time, between Wall Street Highway and Andrews Highway. The Midland Police Department was one of the first responders to arrive at the scene of the incident.

The crash was a single-vehicle crash, with two people on board, both male, a driver, and a passenger. According to eyewitness reports and video recordings from the traffic camera at the scene, the driver was heading south on Andrews Highway and is suspected to have been driving above the imposed speed limits. The vehicle, a 2017 blue Mustang, ended up crashing into a light pole when the driver lost control of the steering. The impact was severe enough that the Mustang ended up sliced in half. The passenger, who was not identified, was found dead at the scene. The driver fled on foot, though he was arrested shortly after nearby. He was identified as a 31-year-old man named Robert Blake Prince, who will be facing multiple charges, including manslaughter and an accident involving death. He had multiple prior convictions for DWI.

Can You File a Claim Against a Convicted Car Crash Driver?

In general, the answer is yes, you can. If you were involved in a car crash that left you injured or your vehicle badly damaged, you have the right to file a claim against the car crash driver who is responsible for causing the incident to arise. Though in more car crash incidents, you should be able to file a claim to their auto-insurance, this option may not be available to you if the car driver that caused your crash to occur is facing a criminal conviction for their action. That doesn’t mean you can’t file a claim against them directly, however. What legal claim is suitable for your situation would be largely determined by your crash circumstances, and it is best that you reach a car accident lawyer to help you in deciding what legal action is best for you. Call us today to get a free consultation by phone, available 24/7, at (713) 352-7975.

Source: Your Basin