Poll Reveals the WORST Insurance Companies to Deal with When Filing a Storm ClaimJuly 5, 2017
A recent Facebook poll asked users to identify which insurance companies they have had the worst experiences with when filing a storm damage claim. According to respondents, here are the top 10 worst insurers to deal with in the claims process:
- American Family Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual/Saleco
- Farm Bureau
- Farmers Insurance
- Federated National
- “All of them”
- Travelers Insurance.
A few respondents selected “Other.”
Interestingly, although this Facebook poll was relatively small scale (surveying roughly 50 contractors), some of its findings mirror the rankings of a list put together by the American Association of Justice (AAJ) of the worst insurance companies in the U.S.
The AAJ’s list of the worst insurers accounted for not only the claims experience but also court records, litigation, SEC and FBI investigations and complaints associated with insurance companies. Their analysis and findings have been published in The Ten Worst Insurance Companies in America: How They Raise Premiums, Deny Claims, & Refuse Insurance to Those Who Need It Most.
According to that report, here are the 10 worst insurance companies in the U.S. (with red text denoting insurers who had the same rankings as the above poll):
- State Farm (ranked 3rd above)
- Liberty Mutual (ranked 4th above).
Why Dealing with Insurers Can Be a Struggle: 3 Challenges Claimants Can Face When Dealing with Insurance Companies
When disaster strikes and it is time to file a property or storm damage claim with your insurance company, however, understanding the types of challenges that can arise when dealing with insurers in the claims process can be essential to:
- Protecting your rights and the value of your claim
- Knowing when it’s time to contact a lawyer and get an experienced advocate on your side.
In general, some common challenges associated with the insurance claim process include:
- Prolonged investigations into claims – Insurers can draw out claims in various ways, such as by asking claimants for various things unrelated to their claim and putting the investigation on hold until the requested items have been received. This tactic may be used when insurers want to put more pressure on claimants (like financial pressure on those who may need payouts to cover medical bills, for instance).
- Misinterpretations of the evidence – Insurers may “read” (or misread) evidence to support reductions or denials of claims. For instance, an insurance company may misinterpret doctors’ reports to try to claim that some injury was pre-existing and, therefore, is not covered by a claim.
- Reliance on the opinions of questionable experts – The “experts” insurance companies use can be professionals with whom insurers have relationships. In some cases, these “experts” may not have the experience, credentials, or qualifications necessary to provide an objective or accurate opinion. In others, they may be financially motivated to find in favor of the insurer (in order to maintain their relationship – and continue to get work from – the company).
One of the main reasons that these (and other) challenges can arise during the claims process is that insurance companies are typically intent on protecting their profits (rather than honoring the policies they issue or protecting their policyholders).
When insurance companies prioritize their interests and profits at the expense of your rights, you can turn to the Amaro Law Firm for help.
Don’t Let Insurers Compromise Your Rights or Claim: Contact a Hail Damage Claim & Insurance Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
If you are struggling with an insurance company over a claim, contact an experienced insurance lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm to find out how you can protect your rights and position your claim for success.
Call (713) 352-7975 or contact us. You can also text us.
We are ready to meet with you for a free claim evaluation, answer your questions, and explain your options. If you are unable to visit our offices, we provide virtual consultations, and we can travel to meet you at your location.
At Amaro Law Firm, we are dedicated to stepping forward on behalf of everyday citizens and contractors who face an uphill battle against insurance companies. We know exactly how the insurance business works and what strategies these companies employ to try to avoid paying claims. We also know how to combat these tactics to help our clients secure the compensation they deserve.
Tenacious and tireless, we are ready to put our experience to work advocating your rights and protecting the value of your claim.
Our record of success with insurance claims has earned us 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook.