Police departments in Lakeway and Travis County are focused on public safety, law enforcement, and quick responses to various incidents, from auto accidents and traffic violations to serious crime and more. If you ever need to contact the police in Lakeway or anywhere in Travis County, this simple directory can assist you in finding:
- Any police station in the Travis County area
- The closest police department and substation to respond to your situation
- The contact information for each police department
Remember, always call 911 in an emergency, regardless of where you may be when you need immediate law enforcement assistance. When you are not dealing with an emergency situation, the following can guide you to the right non-emergency line to call.
Lakeway Police Department (LPD)
“Dedicated to unsurpassed safety and service,” the Lakeway Police department (LPD) is “a premier law enforcement agency committed to exceptional, innovative, and equitable police service.”
Whether you need to visit LPD for a records request, like a car accident police report, or you need to call the non-emergency line for Lakeway police, here’s how you can get a hold of local law enforcement.
Address: 1941 Lohmans Crossing Rd. Lakeway, TX 78734-5269
Phone: (512) 261-2800
To see where LPD is located in the western corner of Travis County, check out the map below.
Police Departments in Travis County, Texas
Along with the Lakeway Police Department, several other law enforcement agencies serve the greater Travis County area, with each city in the county having its own local police department. The table below highlights the local law enforcement agencies in each city in Travis County, with contact information and more.
Austin Police Department
Address: 715 East 8th St. Austin, TX 78701 | Phone: (512) 974-2000/311
Cedar Park Police Department
Address: 911 Quest Pkwy. Cedar Park, TX 78613 | Phone: (512) 260-4600
Leander Police Department
Address: 705 Leander Dr. Leander, TX 78641 | Phone: (512) 528-2800
Pflugerville Police Department
Address: 1611 Pfennig Lane, Pflugerville, TX 78660 | Phone: (512) 990-6700
Manor Police Department
Address: 402 W Parsons St. Manor, TX 78653 | Phone: (512) 272-8177
Lago Vista Police Department
Address: 5901 Municipal Complex Way, Lago Vista, TX 78645 | Phone: (512) 267-7141
Bee Cave Police Department
Address: 13333 State Hwy 71, Bee Cave, TX 78738 | Phone: (512) 767-6650
West Lake Hills Police Department
Address: 911 Westlake Dr. West Lake Hills, TX 78746 | Phone: (512) 327-1195
Jonestown Police Department
Address: 18304 Park Dr. N. Jonestown, TX 78645 | Phone: (512) 267-7007
Rolling Wood Police Department
Address: 403 Nixon Dr. Austin, TX 78746 | Phone: (512) 328-1900
Sunset Valley Police Department
Address: 2 Lone Oak Trail . Sunset Valley, TX 78745 | Phone: (512) 892-1384
Travis County Sheriff’s Office
Address: 3800 Hudson Bend Rd. Austin, TX 78734 | Phone: (512) 854-9728
When to Contact the Police in Lakeway or Travis County, TX
911 can be the obvious call when lives are in danger, but it’s not always easy to know when to dial a non-emergency police number and call law enforcement to a particular scene. To clear that up, here are a handful of times when it’s typically prudent to contact local police:
Call LPD or another police station in Travis County, Texas, whenever:
- An auto wreck has occurred, causing any injuries or a minimum of $1,000 in property damage.
- A car crash is blocking traffic, with the potential to cause another collision.
- After you are involved in a traffic accident, the other driver flees the scene, seems drunk, or does not have auto insurance.
- You witness a car crash and one of the involved parties fleeing the scene.
- You are threatened by another motorist after an auto accident, regardless of whether you were involved in the collision.
- Also, remember that whenever you contact Lakeway police or Travis County law enforcement, it’s critical to:
- Remain at the scene if you’re calling about a traffic accident (if you don’t, you could be accused of a hit and run).
- Be 100% honest and never share untrue information.
- Take note of responding officers’ names, so you can follow up with more info or for a police report, if needed.
- Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lakeway to find out about your rights and legal options if you have been hurt in an auto accident or others’ negligence in Travis County.
Click to learn more about “College & Universities In Lakeway & Travis County“.