Injured on the Job While Driving a Truck? 6 Key Reasons to Speak with a LawyerJune 5, 2018
Truckers who are hurt in work-related accidents can have various options for seeking financial recovery. While it can be difficult to know where to turn in the aftermath of these accidents, simply talking to an attorney during a free, no obligations consultation can provide injured truckers with a number of essential insights regarding their legal options for compensation.
How Talking to an Attorney Can Help Truckers after a Job-Related Accident
Truck drivers who consult an experienced lawyer after a job-related crash can gain crucial information specific to their potential claim, like (but not limited to) answers regarding:
- Liability for the crash – A lawyer can help injured truckers determine all parties that are at fault and liable for the wreck. In some cases, this may include parties not present when the accident occurred, like a motor carrier, a shipping company or an equipment manufacturer. An experienced attorney can carefully analyze the facts and evidence associated with a crash to identify all parties who are liable for it so you can hold them all accountable. This can also be integral to your financial recovery.
- The available legal remedies – After reviewing the specifics of your crash and case, a lawyer can explain the legal options for pursuing compensation. Depending on the circumstances, this may include seeking workers’ compensation benefits and/or filing a personal injury lawsuit. Being aware of all of the available legal remedies is also key to getting all of the compensation you deserve for your claim(s).
Are You a Trucker Who Has Been Hurt in a Wreck?
Call (713) 352-7975, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE, No Obligations Case Evaluation
- The evidence necessary to support the case – An attorney can explain all of the evidence that needs to be gathered, preserved and presented to prove liability and the damages. An experienced lawyer will not only know where to locate this evidence but also how to track down additional evidence, like expert witness testimony. This can be central to building the strongest possible claim.
- What to do to get a case started – A lawyer can explain the steps you need to take to initiate your claim(s), spearheading this effort on your behalf if you retain his or her services. Getting claims underway promptly can be important to meeting filing deadlines and having the most possible evidence to support a claim (as evidence like witness testimony may become unavailable over time).
- What to expect as the case proceeds – An attorney can explain every phase of the legal process associated with resolving your claim. This can help you set realistic expectations while assuaging anxieties about the process. It can also help you anticipate the steps you may need to take to file, protect and advance your claim.
- The potential financial recovery – A lawyer can analyze the extent of your injuries and losses and advise you on the value of your claim. This can be invaluable when it is time to negotiate with an insurance company for a settlement, as you will be empowered with the knowledge of how much your claim is worth and what would constitute a fair settlement.
A Truck Accident Attorney at the Amaro Law Firm Is Ready to Help You: Contact Us
If you or a loved one is a truck driver who has been hurt in a job-related crash, a truck accident attorney at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to partner with you in the pursuit of financial recovery and justice.
Call (713) 352-7975, text (281) 612-8024 or email our firm for your FREE, no obligations consultation. During this meeting, we will explain your legal options and how to proceed. We offer free virtual and mobile consultations to those who cannot visit our office.
Focused on providing effective advocacy and personal service, our attorneys have the experience, skills and resources to position any type of truck wreck case for the best possible outcome. Testimonials from former clients, along with our 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook, affirm our history of quality representation and success in truck accident claims.