An Experienced Attorney Who Knows How to Stand Up to Insurers & Win
As a city on the move, Irving, Texas, has several busy roads and highways, from Interstate 635 to State Highways 183 and 114. Although city officials work to keep these roads safe, thousands of collisions still occur in Irving each year. In fact, since 2018, Irving has seen an average of 3,050 traffic accidents annually. The worst of these wrecks can involve 18-wheelers and deadly injuries.
As harrowing as a tractor-trailer wreck can be, victims need to know that they are not alone. They may have options for financial recovery and justice. And they can depend on an Irving truck accident lawyer when it’s time to file a claim and recover.
How Do I Know If I Have a Claim After a Truck Accident in Irving, TX?
The specific details and events associated with your crash can impact whether you have a truck accident claim. So, one of the best ways to get answers about a potential claim is to set up a FREE case evaluation with an experienced Irving truck accident attorney.
Some of the issues a lawyer may dig into to determine whether you have a claim can include when, where, and how the crash occurred. To that end, some of the key questions that will need to be answered include:
- Did the accident occur more than 2 years ago?
- Who were the parties involved in the collision?
- What type of negligence caused the wreck?
- What injuries and damage resulted from the semi-truck crash?
- What evidence is available at this point?
Answering these and other important questions often requires diligent investigations and a thorough analysis of the evidence.
Will My Truck Accident Claim Go to Court?
Most claims are resolved via out-of-court settlements, but that does not mean your case won’t need to go to court. In general, litigation comes into play when:
- There are disputes over liability: This may occur in more complex or high-stakes cases, like when multiple parties share liability or the liable parties include corporations who could be fighting to protect their reputations.
- Damages are disputed: With this type of impasse, victims and liable parties may not see eye to eye with regards to the severity of the injuries or the extent of the losses caused by a wreck. Sometimes, liable parties may allege that victims share some liability and, therefore, are not entitled to as much compensation.
As you initiate a truck accident claim, whether a court battle is necessary may not be immediately clear. Nevertheless, an Irving truck accident lawyer can get a better idea of the chances that your claim may end up in court, based on the issues, negligence, and defendants involved.
What Does an Irving Truck Accident Lawyer Need to Get My Case Started?
A signed retainer agreement and information about your wreck are usually enough for an Irving truck accident attorney to get started on a claim. That effectively means that:
- No upfront fees are needed to retain an Irving truck accident lawyer who works on contingency. Instead, payment for representation is due only when there is a financial recovery for your claim. So, if there’s no recovery, there are no fees.
- Crash details facilitate the initial discovery and investigations. So, be prepared to discuss the 18-wheeler accident in as much detail as possible when you meet with an attorney.
If you do have items related to your crash that could be potential evidence, bringing these to an initial consultation with your attorney can help you get better answers about the strength of your case and what to expect moving forward. These items can include (and may not be limited to):
- Truck accident photos and videos
- Names and contact info for other parties involved in the crash or any witnesses
- Copies of the police report (Request a copy of a police report for an Irving truck accident here.)
- Medical bills and/or treatment records for your truck accident injuries
- Anything you have received from any insurance company related to the crash
Discover How an Experienced Irving Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Make a strong claim for recovery when it matters most. Partner with an Irving truck accident lawyer who can provide extraordinary counsel in the pursuit of justice and compensation.
Call (713) 352-7975 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.