How Do I Know If I Have a Talcum Powder Case?December 31, 2018
Women who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and who have a history of talcum (talc) powder use may be entitled to file a talcum powder lawsuit. These lawsuits can be the key to:
- Holding the makers of talc powder liable for failing to warn the public about the serious risks associated with their product
- Seeking financial recovery to cover their medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
To discover whether you or a loved one may have a talcum powder lawsuit, below are four key questions to ask and answer. For more insights and essential legal advice regarding how to protect and proceed with your potential claim, contact the experienced talc powder personal injury lawyers at the Amaro Law Firm.
Get Answers about a Potential Talcum Powder Lawsuit
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Our Firm
for a Free, Confidential, No Obligation Case Evaluation
During your FREE consultation, we will explain your legal options. Free virtual and mobile consultations are available to anyone who cannot visit our offices.
How to Determine If You Have a Talcum Powder Lawsuit: 4 Key Questions to Ask
- Has there been a definitive diagnosis of ovarian cancer? – Fundamentally, some type of physical injury must have been sustained in order for a personal injury case to exist. In talcum powder lawsuits, this injury would be ovarian cancer. Proving the presence of ovarian cancer (to establish the nature and severity of the injury in the talcum powder lawsuit) would typically involve medical evidence, like medical records and biopsy results.
- Do you have a history of using talcum powder? – Another key component of talcum powder lawsuits is that the product – specifically, the talc powder – contributed to the ovarian cancer. So, the injured person must be able to demonstrate that she has used talcum powder in the past. She must also be able to show that there is a connection between the use of talc powder and the development of ovarian cancer. This is where an experienced attorney can be invaluable, gathering expert witnesses, clinic studies, and other evidence to establish this link and the dangers associated with talcum powder use.
- Did you use the product as the manufacturer instructed or intended? – This element goes towards proving manufacturer negligence and, specifically, that the maker of talc powder failed to warn the public about product risks. Anything from manufacturer’s warnings and product labels to witness testimony can help demonstrate that the injured parties were using talc powder as intended.
- When was the ovarian cancer diagnosed? – This factor focuses on the deadlines for filing dangerous product cases, like talcum powder lawsuits. Texas law establishes strict deadlines, or statutes of limitations, for filing these cases. Missing the filing deadlines can limit or preclude the options for financial recovery. In Texas, the statute of limitations for talcum powder lawsuits can be as little as two years (which usually starts counting from the date on which the ovarian cancer diagnosis is made).
Please be aware that other factors can impact whether you may have a valid talcum powder lawsuit and, if so, what your options are for moving forward. The single best way to determine if you have a claim and how to position it for success is to contact the trusted product liability attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm.
Get Answers about a Potential Talc Claim: Contact a Houston Personal Injury & Product Liability Attorney at the Amaro Law Firm
A Houston personal injury & product liability attorney at the Amaro Law Firm can help you pursue all available legal remedies if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer after use of talcum powder.
Call (877) 892-2797 or email our firm for your FREE consultation and essential information regarding your potential claim. We can help you navigate the road ahead, working tirelessly to maximize your financial recovery.
The Amaro Law Firm’s record of extraordinary representation and success in talcum powder lawsuits (and other dangerous product cases) has earned us glowing testimonials from former clients and 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook.