How to Find the Best Wrongful Death Lawyers in TexasMarch 13, 2023
The top wrongful death attorneys in Texas aren’t always easy to find, especially if you don’t know what to look for. To save you time and help you connect with the right wrongful death lawyer ASAP, here are some highly useful tips for finding the best wrongful death attorneys in Texas.
Tip #1: Ask for recommendations.
Ask for recommendations in your circle of friends and family if they know of any lawyer or law firm they would recommend. Even if they had a poor experience with a former attorney, knowing that as you start your research can help you avoid steer clear of certain professionals or firms from the start.
Tip #2: Search for ‘wrongful death lawyers near me’ online.
Don’t get overwhelmed by the results, and don’t get misled into believing that the top results are always the “best” attorneys for your case. Instead, think of this as another initial step in screening your options, and:
- Select up to 10 or so options to look at more deeply.
- Explore the websites of the attorneys or firms that have stood out in your search.
- Check out how many years of wrongful death experience those professionals have.
- Create a short list of options based on your search(es).
Don’t be afraid to go back to the drawing board and try different variations of your search, particularly if you’re not finding exactly what you need.
Tip #3: Check an attorney’s standing with the Texas Bar Association.
You can look up any lawyer licensed in the state of Texas with the state bar association, using this simple lookup tool.
When you do, you can access some helpful information, like (but not limited to):
- Whether an attorney is licensed to practice in Texas and, if so, the date on which they earned their Texas law license
- An attorney’s practice areas and specialties
- Contact information for lawyers and firms, including maps and websites
- Special recognitions and awards
- Disciplinary actions (if applicable)
Tip #4: Check out reviews & results.
Beyond a lawyer’s or firm’s website, look at reviews former clients have posted on Google My Business, legal directories, and even third-party review sites. All of these reviews can help paint a clearer picture of:
- What a wrongful death attorney or a firm is like to work with
- How happy they tend to leave their clients
At this point, the cream of the crop tends to stand out with:
- A large number of reviews: More experienced wrongful death lawyers will usually have more online reviews, simply because they have served a greater number of clients over the years.
- Detailed positive reviews: These not only speak to the outcomes of cases but also tend to describe distinct personal touches, client-focused experiences, responsiveness in communication, and more.
Similarly, on and off an attorney’s website, look around to try to find any information available about recent wrongful death case results, like verdicts, awards, and settlements that lawyer has won for other clients. Some of the best wrongful death attorneys will showcase their results directly on their websites to demonstrate their ability to secure justice and recoveries for their clients.
Tip #5: Meet with at least a couple of Texas wrongful death attorneys.
Once you’ve narrowed down your options to rough 2 to 5 lawyers, reach out for an initial consultation to get a feel for each. As you do, remember:
- You don’t have to pay for initial consultations with the best wrongful death lawyers. They offer free case evaluations to help folks like you learn more about their rights and the available legal remedies.
The best wrongful death lawyers in Texas will be knowledgeable and experienced while putting you at ease, treating you with respect, and giving you the space and information you need to make the best decisions for you.