How Much Time Do I Have to File a Mesothelioma Claim?December 31, 2019
The length of time you have to file a mesothelioma case depends on several factors, including:
- When you were diagnosed with mesothelioma, as well as the stage of the condition
- When a loved one passed away from mesothelioma, if you’re filing a wrongful death mesothelioma claim
- What state you are planning to file your mesothelioma claim in, as different states have their own filing deadlines, as set by state law.
In Texas, you have 2 years from the date of diagnosis or death to file a mesothelioma claim. This timeframe is known as the statute of limitations.
Understanding how the statute of limitations for mesothelioma cases works is essential to protecting your potential claim.
Find Out More About Your Potential Mesothelioma Claim
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Case Evaluation
The Amaro Law Firm offers FREE mobile and virtual consultations, and we represent people from across the U.S. in all types of mesothelioma cases.
How Soon Should I File a Mesothelioma Claim?
The sooner, the better. That’s because pursuing a mesothelioma claim as soon as possible can help you:
- Avoid running out the statute of limitations
- Potentially craft a stronger case, as evidence can be less accessible, if not disappear, overtime
- Get on track to pursuing mesothelioma compensation, which can help you get essential financial resources sooner, rather than later.
What Happens If the Statute of Limitations Expires?
Once the statute of limitations for a mesothelioma claim expires, the claim is no longer valid in a particular state. That can mean losing the opportunity to see mesothelioma compensation in that state.
In these cases, talk to an attorney. You can find out if your claim may still be valid in other states, giving you another opportunity to pursue financial recovery.
How Do I Know If the Statute of Limitations Has Expired for My Mesothelioma?
Consult a lawyer. This is the single best way to find out whether you have a viable mesothelioma claim and, if so:
- How to strengthen and protect it moving forward
- How much your case may be worth
- How long your claim may take to resolve
- How to get your mesothelioma case started
Get a My Mesothelioma Claim Started: Contact the Amaro Law Firm
We are ready to tell you more about your rights and help you navigate the mesothelioma claim process. Known for our expertise and tenacity, our attorneys are skilled at bringing various types of mesothelioma cases to successful resolutions.
Call (877) 892-2797or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Consultation
At the Amaro Law Firm, we truly care about helping those who have been harmed by mesothelioma—and we’re effective at standing up to any opponent in any legal setting. Let us tell you more about how we can help you. Simply take the first step on the road to recovery by contacting us for a case evaluation.