How Much Are Car Accident Claims Worth? 3 Essential Factors to ConsiderMarch 17, 2020
The value of a car accident claim largely depends on these factors:
- The cause of the wreck
- Who’s liable for the car crash
- The extent and severity of the damage and injuries
Car Accident Settlements & the Cause of the Wreck
The cause of an accident determines exactly who’s at fault. In some cases, more than one party can be to blame. When that happens:
- Each party can be accountable for compensating the victim.
- The victim can have multiple claims, one for each liable party.
- Victims may be entitled to higher compensation amounts (than if they were only pursuing one claim.
Injuries, Damage & Car Accident Settlements
Compensation for car accidents is meant to compensate victims for the harm, damage, suffering, and losses they’ve sustained. This can include (and is not limited to):
- Medical bills
- Lost earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering.
Consequently, as car accidents get more severe:
- They tend to cause more extensive injuries and damage.
- Victims will usually need more compensation to cover heftier medical bills, fix the damage, and restore their lives.
How the Liable Party Can Impact Car Accident Settlements
Whether the liable party (or one of the liable parties) is a company—like a trucking company—can also affect the value of a case. That’s because, when companies are liable for car accidents, punitive damages may be on the line.
Punitive damages, unlike compensatory damages that compensate victims for their suffering and losses, are meant to punish the negligent party. If a company has a history of negligence that causes auto wrecks—or if an especially flagrant instance of negligence causes a single wreck:
- A victim may be able to seek punitive damages.
- The possibility of punitive damages can compel better settlement offers. That’s because companies, wanting to avoid court and punitive damages, tend to be more inclined to make more appealing offers to resolve the case out of court.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
The Houston car accident lawyers at the Amaro Law Firm are ready to answer that question for you—and help you get on the road to recovery and justice.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email Us for Your FREE Consultation
Free Virtual & Mobile Consultations Are Available
If You Can’t Visit Our Offices
At the Amaro Law Firm, we know how devastating car accidents can be—and how crucial compensation is to healing and restoring lives. That’s why our experienced car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims seek the car accident compensation they deserve.
While we know settlements won’t undo the harm caused by crashes, we also know how these recoveries can help people pick up the pieces and rebuild their lives.
The Amaro Law Firm’s record of excellence and success in motor vehicle accident cases has earned us a 5-star rating on Google and Facebook, glowing testimonials from former clients, and a 10 rating on Avvo.