If you are one of the tens of millions of people in the U.S. who uses Uber to get around, knowing your rights as an Uber rider is important to being able to protect them – especially when an Uber accident occurs.
At the Amaro Law Firm, our Houston attorneys are focused on helping accident victims, including Uber riders, protect and advocate their rights in the aftermath of crashes.
We know the difficulties that can arise after collisions, particularly when it is time for victims to seek recovery. That is why are relentlessly dedicated to helping victims, like injured Uber passengers:
- Understand and assert their rights
- Determine liability and the available legal remedies
- Stand up to insurance companies
- Seeking any possible recovery.
While we are aware that compensation cannot erase the permanent losses caused by serious Uber accidents, we also know that these recoveries can be the key to healing and restoring lives.
Hurt in an Uber Car Crash?
Call (877) 892-2797, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Case Evaluation
During a FREE initial consultation, you can receive essential information regarding your rights, your legal options and how to move forward. The Amaro Law Firm is ready to help you navigate the course to recovery. We offer free virtual and mobile consultations to those who are unable to visit our offices.
Your Rights as an Uber Rider
In general, Uber riders have the rights to:
- Expect a safe, qualified, sober driver – Drivers must meet certain requirements and pass a background check before they are eligible to drive for Uber.1 As part of this screening process, prospective drivers must pass a driving record screening and a criminal background check. Once Uber accepts a prospective driver, that driver is required to comply with traffic laws (as all motorists are). All of this means that, at any point a rider is traveling with Uber, (s)he has the right to expect a safe driver.
- Be covered by Uber’s insurance policy during a ride – Uber’s insurance covers its drivers and Uber passengers whenever a trip is occurring (i.e., whenever the Uber driver is transporting the passenger in response to a ride request). If an accident occurs during a ride, the nature of the available coverage will depend on who is at fault for the crash. For example, while Uber’s $1 million total liability coverage can come into play when the Uber driver is at fault, the uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage can be applicable when some other driver is at fault (and that other driver has no or insufficient auto insurance coverage).
- Pursue legal remedies when they suffer harm due to a violation of their Uber passenger rights – If, for instance, riders are hurt when a driver with a poor driving record causes an accident or when a driver with a known criminal record assaults them, they have the right to take legal action to hold Uber accountable for hiring the unsafe drivers. Similarly, if Uber’s insurer, the James River Insurance Company (JRIC), denies injured riders’ valid accident claims, riders will have legal options for holding JRIC accountable.
Typically, the most important time for riders to know their rights is when they have been harmed by an Uber driver or in an Uber accident.
Download this Free Car Accident eBook
to Find Out How to Protect Your Rights & Claim after a Car Wreck
Asserting & Protecting Your Uber Rider Rights: How an Attorney Can Help
When passengers suffer harm during an Uber ride, a Houston car accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm can be an essential ally and advocate. In addition to explaining the legal options for recovery and justice, our attorneys can take swift action to:
- Effectively protect your rights
- Build you the strongest possible case
- Aggressively represent you at every phase of the recovery process.
Empowered with previous experience in insurance defense, our lawyers know how insurance companies can try to fight valid claims – and how to subvert insurers’ tactics to position our clients’ claims for the full recoveries they deserve.
When you partner with the Amaro Law Firm for your Uber accident claim, you can count on having exceptional advocacy from experienced litigators who will be focused on helping you achieve the best possible resolutions.
Get Experienced Advocacy for an Uber Accident Case: Contact a Houston Car Accident Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
A Houston car accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to review your potential Uber accident claim, explain your legal options and provide you with the highest quality representation moving forward.
Call (877) 892-2797, text (281) 612-8024 or email our firm for a FREE consultation. During this case evaluation, you can get important answers about your recovery options and how we can help you.
Strategic, diligent and tireless, the experienced attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm are dedicated to helping accident victims receive all of the compensation to which they my be entitled. Our long-standing record of success in Uber (and other car) accident cases has earned us glowing testimonials from former clients and 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook.
1: More Details on Uber’s Driver Requirements