Fisher-Price Faces Mounting Lawsuits Over Rock ‘n Play SleeperJune 5, 2019
Since Fisher-Price introduced its Rock ‘n Play Sleeper in 2009, at least 32 infant deaths and many injuries have been linked to this product. Dozens of parents are now taking action, filing lawsuits against Fisher-Price and parent company Mattel.
Has Your Child Been Harmed by Fisher Price’s Rock n’ Play Sleeper?
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt by Any Dangerous Product?
Call (877) 892-2797, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm for Your FREE, Confidential, No Obligations Consultation
During a FREE case evaluation, we will review your potential claim and explain your legal options. Free virtual and mobile consultations are available to those who are unable to visit our offices. We proudly represent clients from across the U.S. in all types of dangerous product cases.
Alleged Dangers of the Rock ‘n Play
The Rock ‘n Play is a portable, inclined sleeping device made by Fisher-Price. It holds babies at 30˚ angles and comes with latched chest restraints to hold babies in place. Over the decade that this project was available, major retailers across the U.S. sold about 4.7 million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers.
According to the lawsuits filed against Fisher-Price, however, these devices pose life-threatening dangers to infants due to the:
- Position it holds babies in: The 30˚ inclined position can tilt an infant’s neck and head into dangerous positions, potentially causing neck injuries and constricting the windpipes. That can cause difficulty breathing, if not asphyxia.
- Steep sides: Babies’ faces can easy press against the side fabric on these sleepers, increasing the risk of suffocation.
- Risk of babies rolling over: The restraints don’t sufficiently keep babies in place, giving enough slack for some to roll over, which can increase the risk of suffocation.
The Rock ‘n Play Recall
As the risks, injuries, and deaths linked to Fisher-Price’s Rock ‘n Play Sleeper have become apparent, many called on Fisher-Price to recall this product.
Kyle Yasuda, MD, FAAP, and president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), was among those leading the charge. Dr. Yasuda has explained that:
[The Rock ‘n Play Sleeper] is deadly and should be recalled immediately… When parents purchase a product for their baby or child, many assume that if it’s being sold in a store, it must be safe to use. Tragically, that is not the case. There is convincing evidence that the Rock ‘n Play inclined sleeper puts infants’ lives at risk.
Less than a week after Dr. Yasuda issued that statement, Fisher-Price issued a recall for its Rock ‘n Play Sleeper on April 12, 2009. At that time, the company offered refunds or vouchers to those who had purchased this product, with refunds only available if the product had been purchased within the past 6 months.
Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Lawsuits & Compensation
Now, Fisher-Price is being asked to answer for the deaths and injuries associated with its Rock ‘n Play Sleepers. With two groups of cases – one for claims in New York and the other for cases from across the U.S., the Rock ‘n Play Sleeper lawsuits allege that Fisher-Price:
- Knew about – or should have known about – the dangers associated with its Rock ‘n Play Sleeper
- Failed to warn parents about the risks associated with this product
- Waited for months after the injury and death reports were made to remove this product from the market.
If you bought a Rock ‘n Play Sleeper or if your child was hurt by one of these devices, it’s not too late to take action and hold Fisher-Price liable. Filing a claim can be essential to:
- Warning other parents about this dangerous device
- Sending a message to Fisher Price and other manufacturers that they have to pay when their dangerous products harm the public
- Securing the financial recovery you need and deserve, so you can focus on picking up the pieces and healing.
The attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm are proud to help the injured stand up to negligent companies and hold them accountable for the harm their dangerous products have caused. We are ready to discuss your situation, point out your legal options, and provide you with exceptional advocacy moving forward.
A Dangerous Products Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm Can Help You: Contact Us
If you or a loved one has been harmed by the Rock n’ Play Sleeper or any dangerous toy or product, an experienced dangerous products lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm can help you navigate the road to financial recovery and justice.
Call (877) 892-2797 or Email our Firm for Your FREE, No Obligation Consultation
Experienced, strategic, and tireless, our lawyers are ready to partner with you, protect your rights, and work relentlessly to bring your case to a successful resolution. Our goal to is help you secure the maximum available recovery. Though compensation may never undo the harm caused by dangerous products, it may be the key to helping you restore your life.
The Amaro Law Firm’s record of outstanding representation and success in personal injury and dangerous products cases has earned us a 5-star rating on Google and Facebook, as well as a 10 rating on Avvo.