Common Types of Premises Liability Accidents & ClaimsFebruary 27, 2018
Premises liability is the legal responsibility a property owner may have when unsafe conditions at the property cause accidents and injuries. Various incidents and accidents can give rise to premises liability claims, with some of the most common types featured and discussed below.
8 Common Premises Liability Accidents & Cases
- Slip-and-fall accidents – Puddles, debris on the floor, snow and ice are among the various factors that cause slip and falls. In serious cases, these accidents can result in broken bones, back injuries and head injuries.
- Dog bites – Those who fail to prevent their dogs from harming others can be liable for the injuries their dogs cause. Serious lacerations and bruising, as well as scarring and disfigurement, are common injuries caused by dog bites.
- Lack of security – Broken door locks, broken windows and a lack of nighttime lighting are some examples of poor security measures that can increase the risk of assaults and injuries.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured by Someone Else’s Negligence?
Call (877) 892-2797, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Case Evaluation
- Swimming pool accidents – A lack of pool lights, broken glass and lifeguard negligence are some factors that can contribute to these accidents – and for which property owners can be liable. Drownings and brain injuries (due to oxygen deprivation) are common injuries associated with swimming pool accidents.
- Asbestos exposure – Heat resistant and durable, asbestos has been used in anything from flooring and building materials to fire-resistant products, joint compounds, ship components and more. Older buildings, like homes, schools, workplaces and government buildings, can expose occupants to asbestos, causing potentially deadly injuries (like mesothelioma).
- Elevator & escalator accidents – While faulty doors, falling ceiling panels and equipment malfunctions can cause elevator accidents, escalator accidents can occur when factors like faulty side rails and missing step panels are present. Fall-related injuries, as well as head injuries, electrocution and loss of limb, can occur when elevator and escalator accidents happen.
- Fair & amusement park ride accidents – Failure to maintain rides, equipment corrosion and untrained ride operators can all contribute to ride-related accidents. When not fatal, these accidents can cause injuries like loss of limb, brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Fires – A lack of emergency exits, no or malfunctioning fire extinguishers and failure to properly contain flammable materials can all cause fires at others’ properties. Smoke inhalation and burns, both of which can be fatal in serious cases, are common injuries arising from fires.
Whenever these (or other) accidents occur at someone else’s property as a result of their negligence:
- Injured people may have a premises liability claim against the property owner, the property manager and/or others.
- Taking action to pursue a premises liability case can result in compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and/or other damages.
Set Your Claim & Recovery Up for Success: Contact a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been hurt at someone else’s property, contact a Houston personal injury lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm for experienced help pursuing compensation and justice.
Call (877) 892-2797, text (281) 612-8024 or email our firm for a FREE consultation and essential legal advice regarding your potential claim. During your FREE consultation, we will explain your legal options, address your concerns and point out how to move your potential claim forward. We offer free virtual and mobile consultations to those who are unable to visit our office.
Tireless, strategic and experienced, our lawyers are ready to advocate your rights and help you successfully navigate the claim and recovery process. Testimonials from our former clients, as well as our 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook, speak to our record of exceptional service and success in premises liability and personal injury cases.