Choosing an Attorney for Your TBI CaseMay 24, 2017
In the aftermath of a traumatic brain injury (TBI), getting medical treatment is a top priority. As soon as victims’ health has stabilized, meeting with a lawyer is also important.
An attorney can help TBI survivors:
- Get a clear understanding of the law and their options for financial recovery
- Protect their rights and pursue all available legal remedies
- Build and present a strong case
- Secure the compensation and justice they deserve.
Of course, there are a lot of options for brain injury attorneys. Knowing how to choose the right attorney for you and your case can make all of the difference in:
- The strength and success of your claim
- Your financial recovery and future.
Have You or a Loved One Been Diagnosed with a TBI?
Call Our Team at (713) 352-7975 or Email Us for a Free Consultation
How to Choose the Right TBI Lawyer: 4 Helpful Tips
When searching for a brain injury attorney, here’s what is important to look for:
- Experience and success with TBI cases – Don’t just hire any personal injury lawyer. Look for an attorney who specializes in handling TBI cases. The more experienced, the better. An experienced lawyer will have the insight, skills, and resources to help you craft the strongest possible case and bring that case to the best possible resolution.
- Compassionate, personal, and responsive service – Look for a lawyer who backs up legal experience and knowledge with personal attention and compassion. TBI cases can take weeks, months, or maybe longer to resolve. Over that time, you’ll likely want to be working with an attorney who understands your condition and claim and who will:
- Tailor his or her strategies and representation to fit your needs and objectives
- Promptly respond to your calls (or other inquiries)
- Keep you informed about the status and progress of your case.
- A commitment to not pass your case off to a non-lawyer – Just because an attorney meets with you at the beginning of the case does not mean that (s)he will see your case through to its resolution. If your case gets passed off to a non-attorney associate, mistakes that may compromise your case can happen. Instead, be sure to choose a lawyer who will be dedicated to handling your case at every stage and bringing your case to the best possible outcome.
- Honesty and trust – Choose a lawyer who gives it to you straight and provides clear explanations you can understand. Also, make sure your attorney is someone who you feel is trustworthy. If you have any qualms about the honesty or trustworthiness of a particular lawyer, keep looking.
A Few More Helpful Tips for Selecting a Brian Injury Attorney
- Meet with a lawyer before retaining him or her – A face-to-face meeting with a lawyer can tell you a lot about a legal professional. It also gives you the opportunity to ask questions and get answers. The Amaro Law Firm offers free consultations (via in-person meetings and virtual meetings) to make it as easy as possible for people to get answers about their legal options.
- Consider asking for references or checking out former client reviews – References and past clients can reveal more about the quality of a lawyer’s services. While you can look at client testimonials and online reviews for an attorney or firm, you may also want to ask an attorney for references. Even if you don’t plan on contacting the references, seeing how willing a lawyer is to provide reference information can be telling. At the Amaro Law Firm, former clients have rated us 5 stars on Google and Facebook.
- Be cautious of attorneys who “guarantee” results – Guarantees can be signs of false promises and unethical (or inexperienced) lawyers. If an attorney is guaranteeing you compensation in your case, don’t automatically believe it. Get a second (and maybe third) opinion to get a better perspective regarding the strength of your case.
Find Out More about Your Recovery Options: Contact a Houston Brain Injury Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a TBI, contact Houston brain injury lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm by calling (713) 352-7975 or Emailing Us.
During a free consultation, you can find out more about your potential claim and options for compensation. If you choose to move forward with us, you can rely on having:
- Experienced, effective representation at no upfront cost (We work on contingency.)
- Optimal chances of bringing your case to the best possible resolution.