If you were involved in a car accident while using a rideshare service, like Uber or Lyft, it can be a confusing and overwhelming experience. You may be injured, dealing with the stress of medical bills and lost wages, and unsure of how to proceed. But, the attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm can help.
Our personal injury attorneys understand the complexities of rideshare accidents. Our lawyers also know how to handle the unique challenges that come with them. They are dedicated to providing compassionate, reliable legal guidance and support to accident victims. Our legal team will work tirelessly to help you pursue the compensation you deserve after a rideshare auto accident.
How Rideshare Accident Attorneys in Austin Can Help
When you work with the Amaro Law Firm, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
An attorney can help an accident victim in many ways after they have been involved in a rideshare collision.
Some of the ways include:
Investigate the Accident
An attorney will thoroughly investigate the accident to determine who is liable. They will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and review police reports to build a strong case.
Handle Insurance Companies
Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to rideshare accidents.
An attorney will:
- Handle the insurance claims process
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Ensure you get the compensation you deserve
- Represent You in Court:
If a settlement cannot be reached, an attorney will represent you in court. They will present your case, argue for your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Provide Legal Guidance
An attorney will provide you with guidance and advice during the legal process and help you understand your rights and options. They will also explain the different types of compensation available and help you determine what is best for you.
Compensation After a Rideshare Collision
If you were involved in an accident with an Uber driver, or if you were a rideshare passenger, you may be entitled to compensation, such as:
- Past and future medical care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Mental anguish
An attorney can help you figure out how much money you’re entitled to based on the specific facts of your case.
Liability in Rideshare Accidents in Texas
In Texas, liability laws for rideshare accidents can be complex. The liability can depend on the driving period the rideshare driver was in. There are three different driving periods for rideshare drivers: online, en route, and offline.
- When a rideshare driver is online, they are actively searching for a passenger through the rideshare app. If they cause an accident while they are online, the rideshare company will not be held liable for the accident. This is because the driver is considered an independent contractor. If the rideshare driver was at fault, their insurance provider will cover the cost of damages. =
- When a rideshare driver is en route, they have accepted a passenger’s request and are on their way to pick them up. If they cause an accident during this time, the rideshare driver’s insurance policy will cover the cost of damages. If the driver’s insurance policy is exhausted, the rideshare company may be held liable for the remaining damages.
- When a rideshare driver is offline, they are not actively using the rideshare app. If they cause an accident during this time, the rideshare company would not be held liable.
- Rideshare companies may also be held liable for accidents caused by their drivers if they failed to screen or train their drivers.
If you have been in an accident while using a rideshare service, you should contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. They can help you understand the complex liability laws in Texas and determine who is liable for the accident. At the Amaro Law Firm, an attorney can also help you pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and other losses.
Schedule a Free, No-Obligation Consultation With an Experienced Rideshare Accident Attorney
If you were in a rideshare accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Amaro Law Firm for help. We offer free, no-obligation consultations. We can answer all of your questions and provide experienced legal advice and support. If you decide to hire us, our legal team can guide you through the entire process, every step of the way, and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.a