Where Can I Check a Car Accident Attorney’s History? 4 Important Sources to Look AtMarch 31, 2020
Looking for the right lawyer for your car accident claim? Check attorneys’ credentials, reviews, and more at:
- The state bar association
- Industry organizations (like Avvo)
- Attorney legal directories and third-party review sites
- The law firm’s website
Here’s what you can learn from each of these resources and what to do after you’ve checked them.
Where to Look When It’s Time to Find a Car Accident Attorney
As you look for lawyers, checking each of these four sources can help you figure out who specializes in cases like yours and who would be the best fit for your claim.
The State Bar Association
Search for lawyers at the state bar association website to check if the options you’re considering are:
- Are licensed to practice in the state
- Specialize in car accident cases like yours
- Have ever had an official censure or complaint filed against them
- Are in good standing with the state bar
Use this search tool to search for attorneys at the Texas State Bar Association’s website.
Avvo, Super Lawyers, and other industry organizations can give you more insight into:
- Attorneys’ success rates
- The quality of representation a lawyer is known for providing
- How well-respected a lawyer is among his or her colleagues
Attorney Legal Directories & Third-Party Review Sites
Online lawyer directories, as well as review sites like Google and Facebook, are great places to check out online reviews for different attorneys. These reviews can uncover important information like:
- How responsive and communicative a lawyer is throughout a case
- The experience prior clients had with a given attorney and whether they’d recommend that professional
The Law Firm’s Website
Visiting attorney’s or law firm’s website is an effective way to learn more about the specific types of cases a lawyer handles, as well as any notable verdicts or settlements the attorney has secured. While these sites can also showcase reviews for attorneys (and law firms), they can also highlight:
- Other awards or recognitions a lawyer may have earned
- Special skills an attorney may have, like speaking Spanish
- Any additional value an attorney or firm brings to the table, like working on contingency, free consultations, and more.
What to Do After the Initial Research Phase
After you’ve identified your best options for lawyers, schedule an initial consultation with your top three picks and ask these questions when you meet them:
- Have you handled cases like mine before? How many and what’s your success rate?
- Will you handle my case for the entire process or will you pass it off at some point?
- How and when will you get my case started?
- How often will I get case updates?
- How soon can I expect a response if I call or email with questions about my case?
- What are your fees and when I do I have to pay them?
- Do you have any references I can speak to?
With answers to these questions—and a personal experience meeting different attorneys face to face, you’ll have all the information you need to select the right lawyer for your car accident claim.
Don’t Have Time to Search for a Car Accident Lawyer? Contact the Amaro Law Firm
An experienced car accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to help you pursue the justice and compensation you may deserve. As top-rated attorneys, we have the experience, skills, and resources to provide exceptional advocacy for all types of car accident cases.
Call (713) 352-7975 or Contact Us for Your FREE Consultation
Free Virtual & Mobile Consultations Are
If You Can’t Visit Our Offices
At the Amaro Law Firm, our attorneys are devoted to helping victims successfully navigate the claim process so they can maximize their recoveries and focus on healing. While we know money can’t undo the damage caused by serious car accidents, we also know that the recoveries from these cases can help restore lives.
The Amaro Law Firm’s record of excellence and success in motor vehicle accident cases has earned us a 5-star rating on Google and Facebook, glowing testimonials from former clients, and a 10 rating on Avvo.