Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections in TexasSeptember 10, 2018
While crashes can occur wherever vehicles converge, they are highly likely to take place at or near intersections. This is largely because intersections are sites of constantly changing traffic conditions, creating more possibilities for motorists to overlook something, make mistakes, etc.
In Texas, Houston reportedly has the highest number of dangerous intersections (when compared to every other city in the state), with more than 80 intersections in Houston being the site of at least one motor vehicle accident every month. Following Houston, San Antonio and Dallas round out the top three cities in Texas with the most dangerous intersections.
Texas’ Most Dangerous Intersections
The following list reveals the top 20 intersections in Texas where the most crashes, injuries and death occur. This ranking is in order of most to less dangerous intersections (with the number in parentheses indicating the average number of auto accidents occurring at the intersection in a given year). 1
- Houston – Bissonnet Street & Sam Houston Parkway (84)
- Houston – Hardy Road & Sam Houston Parkway (70)
- Houston – Sam Houston Parkway & Westheimer Road (58)
- San Antonio – Interstate Highway (IH) 10 & Loop 1604 (53)
- San Antonio – Braun Road & Loop 1604 (67)
- Houston – Main Street & South Loop (51)
- Houston –Greens Road & IH 45 (44)
- Houston – Main Street & Sam Houston Parkway (41)
- Houston – Beechnut Street & Sam Houston Parkway (47)
- San Antonio – Bandera Road & Loop 1604 (66)
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Car Crash?
Download this Free eBook for Helpful Tips on How to Protect a Car Crash Claim
or Contact the Amaro Law Firm for a Free, No Obligations Consultation
- Houston – Sam Houston Parkway & Westpark Tollway (36)
- San Antonio – Ingram Road & Loop 410 (51)
- Webster – IH 45 & Nasa Parkway (85)
- Houston – Hammerly Boulevard & Sam Houston Parkway (30)
- Houston – IH 45 & Sam Houston Parkway ( 39)
- Houston – Sam Houston Parkway & Veterans Memorial Driver (44)
- Lubbock – Loop 289 & Slide Road (47)
- Dallas – Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway & Skillman Street (33)
- Houston – Clay Road & Sam Houston Parkway (31)
- Houston – Harwin Driver& Sam Houston Parkway (32).
Please note that, in some cases, lower ranked intersections have a greater number of accidents than those ranked higher on this list. This is due to a greater incidence of injury and deaths at the sites ranked higher on this list (than those ranked lower).
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash at one of these intersections – or anywhere on Texas’ roadways, you can rely on the experienced Houston car accident attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm for help pursuing a claim and seeking financial recovery.
A Texas Car Accident Attorney at the Amaro Law Firm Can Help You: Contact Us
A Texas car accident attorney at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to discuss your potential claim, explain your options and help you successfully navigate the road to recovery.
Call (877) 892-2797 or email our firm for a FREE consultation.
The Amaro Law Firm is proud to partner with survivors of car crashes, helping them pursue the recoveries and justice they deserve. While we know that compensation may never erase the losses caused by auto wrecks, we are also aware that these recoveries can be crucial to restoring lives.